First day at work

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptainKyle

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well today was my first day at the Harley dealer as a tech & at teh end of the day the team leader looked at me & said you know they aint gonna cut you a deal on a bike for awhile & I told him thats ok I dont really want one I like speed & he said how about a Vrod & I said why I have out ran every one I raced I will stick with my Max Hope I still have a Job.LOL

I always laugh at how HD guys think a vrod is a sportbike killer. A 10 year old 600 will smoke it.

Tell him that next time...LOL!

Dont think youll lose your job, but you might have to park your max behind the shop.lol . good luck with the new job!

I always laugh at how HD guys think a vrod is a sportbike killer. A 10 year old 600 will smoke it.

Tell him that next time...LOL!
I've never came close, to losing a race between my Vmax and Porsche powered HD. Since my brother's R1 is a lot faster than my Vmax, any HD rider who thinks thinks the Vrod is a sportbike killer, needs to get his assless chaps back in the bar, for another beer.

I tried getting this local fella roped into runnin my max w/ his wife's v-rod, He was all for it, even pretty convinced he would win, but there was always a reason why he couldn't do it today, or tomorrow or ect ect, would of been fun.

Hey Kyle , you need to be more of a team player. Tell you what, get you some floorboards, some leather fringe for the levers ang pull two plug wires. That ought to make you fit right in. Besides, you are our spy on the inside right! Seriously, you are the F.N.G. So it is normal they razz you. I am sure you'll be fine! Patmax

Hey Kyle , you need to be more of a team player. Tell you what, get you some floorboards, some leather fringe for the levers ang pull two plug wires. That ought to make you fit right in. Besides, you are our spy on the inside right! Seriously, you are the F.N.G. So it is normal they razz you. I am sure you'll be fine! Patmax
Oh I am fine they already figured out I am strait forward & say what ever is on my mind I reall think thats why they hired me.

I think the Vrod is largely thought of (in the harley crowd) as a woman's bike. Just like the sportster. Sadly, I really love the sportster and think the Vrod is pretty cool. Maybe I'm a girl? Maybe I'm not hung up on image.

I think the Vrod is largely thought of (in the harley crowd) as a woman's bike. Just like the sportster. Sadly, I really love the sportster and think the Vrod is pretty cool. Maybe I'm a girl? Maybe I'm not hung up on image.
Dont get me wrong the Vrod is not a bad bike & they have some nice parts that will make them run very good but stock there not really that great for the price on second note you can get a used one pretty cheap & put a Turbo on it & have one fast bike.

I sat on a blacked out Vrod with white stripes down the center. I liked its bad ass look. Reminded me of : :punk:

Attachments

• DSC00328.jpg
    DSC00328.jpg
    135.6 KB
It's O.K. They say it's good to explore your feminine side every once in a while.:rofl_200:

I don`t know...
The last v-rod I raced ?, I let him launch through the intersection and I spun the tire on the crosswalk paint and I still blew passed him and at the next light , he swept over a lane and made an early exit to the right,
Those guys know that they can`t touch us and, thats probably one reason why they have that attitude.
what I think about the v-rod... PLAAAAHHHHHH.
I`m already bored with beating them, it`s almost not funny anymore.
<<Dave>>:punk:

Seems the v-rod isn't really recognized by the H-D "purists", in that it actually incorporates some modern technology, if you consider a radiator and water pump modern. That and it's a poke at expanding the HD name to performance, which honestly had never been HD's market. Big, heavy cruisers and the bad-ass image. It's not that good of a bike to seriously compete with other muscle cruisers, and from what I've heard/read it's really not a good cruiser either, riding position is cramped and uncomfortable.

The most important is doing a job you like, after HD, Ducati or yamaha ... it doesn't matter much :)

Although, Yamaha could have been better in order to negotiate great deal on the part for us hehe

Congrat buddy !!

The most important is doing a job you like, after HD, Ducati or yamaha ... it doesn't matter much :)

Although, Yamaha could have been better in order to negotiate great deal on the part for us hehe

Congrat buddy !!
Yeah Yamaha would have been better parts wise but as far as working on them Harleys old technoloy is a walk in the park like working on a big lawnmower.LOL

Latest posts

Back