First longer ride today, not to impressed with ride

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you have stock wheels, you'll have to go bias. They don't make a radial for our rear wheel. I have the Metzlers and with about 3,000 miles on them, they still look almost new.

Went to look at tires today and the guy told me i need a new front tire i didnt think it was that bad until he really points it out to me he said it was cupped pretty bad and woud cause alot of the head shaking so im tire shopping now

Went to look at tires today and the guy told me i need a new front tire i didn't think it was that bad until he really points it out to me he said it was cupped pretty bad and would cause a lot of the head shaking so I'm tire shopping now

I have bought and sold hundreds of tires over the years at my shop and I have heard it all about tires and speed wobble as well as head shake. It sounds like no matter if it is a bearing issue or a suspension adjustment you need tires. I would recommend going with the Metzler ME880 simply for the reason that you will get your moneys worth out of them. The Shenko is a cheaper tire but from what you said earlier you ride some distance. The Shenko is not going to last you very long in that department and you will find yourself buying tires again sooner than you want. The cupping and flattening of the tires will happen regardless but quicker on the cheaper tire..at least this is my personal experience. Good luck with it.

Back