First official photo

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still looks to be in the same mold and somehow I expected something more radical. I imagine it will be a good bike.
If I owned one, the things I would prefer to change are mirrors, seat, (looks like a bucket) tail, (hated the old one,don't like this one either) exhaust, (looks like it fell over and squashed it) scoops, (looks like a pair of binoculars on their side)
wheels look better & wider, brakes must be better and the engine I would trade my right nut for one.

Don't know if I would agree that this is a photoshop of the prototype. I believe that another site did a red version that was so obviously a doctored image of the prototype that it was a joke. This one looks a hell of a lot more plausible.

Make sure you all take a good look at all the pictures!

I really do like it [except for the headlight] it fits the Star lineup[except for the headlight]

I think if this is the New Max its bad ass[except the headlight]

lf we buy one or not we ought to feel proud that our heritage lives on and lets hope It proves to put the rest to shame!!!

Okay, who's going to be the first to do the washer swap? Maybe swap the EFI for carbs? lol

You all bitch about the headlight...

Its not nearly as ugly as the headlights out there, say the Bking, MV Augusta Brutale, Kaw Z1000 etc.

Shit, the rear fender is just hideous.

And the mirrors need updating!

Overall not bad, depending on how much power and money.

Hey, we're men...we all like the headlight's to be round. :)

I will say it again. You guys shouldn't get in an uproar over the looks yet!! This is ANOTHER PHOTOSHOP!!!!!!

1. The rear fender does not match the lines of the rear.
2. The seat looks like it was laid on there.

Theres more just look..

Edited to make sure you all saw it!!

I dont necessarilly like the headlight either, i can deal with it.

But that ass, I just cant get over how ridiculous the tail is. thats what im hung up on.

To each his own.

That looks like a MUCH wider bike IMO. I like it overall but see where the after market will come in... IE: the snow shovel hanging off the back...:biglaugh:

It matches the snow plow on the front! Fuck the dual rad shit...why couldn't they make it 1 unit?

yuck to the mirrors, headlight, and that nasty thing hanging off the rear fender!

edit: im an idiot it does have usd forks lol, trying to view that pic on a 12 inch screen

Doesn't look like an USD front end to me....

yamaha_vmax_03.jpg
Here is the O.E. photo been floating on the net for over a year!!!!!

:hmmm: Photoshop or not... I'm not feeling it... From about the start of the seat forward there is no "flow" to the style of the bike. The 2 rads, the headlight, the scoops look too big for the body... it's as if they just hobbled some pieces on it to complete it. I guess I'd have to see it in person, but I think the earlier prototypes had a better flow to them (except for the f'n stupid rad).

Sign me up.

Won't take many mods to whip that into shape. :thumbs up:

I know, I know. It's a sickness.

But.... it appears to have a lot of work done in the handling dept. Mono shock rear end, very substantial frame strengthening around the rear swingarm pivots. Radial bakes. If the bearing covers are an indication of the bearing size we have substantial load bearing improvements. Radiator clearance issue of prototype is better (not great). Fuel tank looks way bigger.

Wish I could see the drive line and steering head assembly. Tyre sizes?

Back