Fork seal leak

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

megadeth1

Reaction score
HELP, PLEASE! I noticed on my way home that my 07 VMAX is leaking oil out of where the black seal is that compresses up my left side fork, dripping down to the front brake caliper. Is this an expensive repair? I am NOT mechanically inclined. Lastly, can I use the bike at low speeds to go to work, if it takes a couple days to get in to a shop. I am asking you guys, so I dont get (taken) by my local dealer. Thank you for anyone who has advice with this subject:damn angry:. Megadeth1.

Just had mine done a month ago, and with yamaha seals, and new front brake pads, (yours prob need replaced too if they took on oil) I think was $230 parts and labor at an old and TRUSTED shop. Main expense was the brake pads. I rode mine leaking for awhile with no problems, but after a wheelie got a little out of hand and I got out quick, a one side slow leak turned into both sides blown out.:confused2:

You should be able to replace them yourself pretty
easily. I had never done fork seals before but I followed
the tips here and took time but not too much effort.
I replaced seals, dust seals and copper washers. Set
me back $105 delivered from cheapcycleparts.com. $10
cheaper if you didn't want the washers.
Regards,
Chris

HELP, PLEASE! I noticed on my way home that my 07 VMAX is leaking oil out of where the black seal is that compresses up my left side fork, dripping down to the front brake caliper. Is this an expensive repair? I am NOT mechanically inclined. Lastly, can I use the bike at low speeds to go to work, if it takes a couple days to get in to a shop. I am asking you guys, so I dont get (taken) by my local dealer. Thank you for anyone who has advice with this subject:damn angry:. Megadeth1.

I had the same problem ... have a read of this thread

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=7041

Latest posts

Back