French newbie ...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drinkingsnake

Reaction score
Hi,
As said in the title, I'm French, and I'm keen on 1200 V-Max .
When this bike was released in France, I was 15 years old ( it was in 1986),
And since the first time I saw it, I... felt in love with !!

After obtain my full licence, I got some bikes ( in fact only 2 !! lol )

For professionnel and personal reasons, I stopped riding during 20 years , and since my massive heart attack last year, I promise me to get full strength for riding again !

So, now, I' try to achieve my goal, and one of them is... becoming an v Max rider !

So, I'm with you, if you accept me, to increase my knowledge about this bike, and to share between V-Max fan !

Thanks for reading, and see you soon,
Have a nice day

John-christopher

Hi both, and thanks a lot for welcoming me !

To “Fire-medic”:

The French V-max "twelve hundred", (so, gen 1), is not equipped with the V-Boost.
It's due to a Law regulation, which limits the power of All French bikes to max 100 HP.
So the Vboost and certain parts of the carburetors were suppressed by the French importer, before the motorcycle was sold to the customer.
We can, however, find some v-max, re-equipped with V-boost, but this still remains illegal.
So the French V Max are less powerful, but have a much flatter torque curve than the US and worldwide models.
( Anyway, due to your name " Fire-Medic", do you work in the Médical Area ?! As I ...?!)

For " DKid" :

Thanks a lot,
I'm just sitting in the front raw of the Class-Room !

and to conclude, I do not yet get a v_Max,
I'm looking for a smart one,
,most " OEM" equipped and well maintained, but it begins to be difficult to find, here in France !

but, my motivation to welcome and adopt a “V-Max” at home is intact ..;-))

Have a nice day, both , and
Ride safe,
V ... ✌️

I worked as a firefighter/paramedic and I also taught EMT/paramedic students in the classroom, in labs, in field assignments and in hospital departments but am now retired. One of my hobbies is bikes, and helping keep this forum alive is another area I enjoy spending my time.

I see !
What a rich carrier,
For me, I'm still on duty , as I am still active, as a pharmacist in the civilian area , after having been a pharmacist officer in the French army.
( it's why I've choose my name " Drinking snake", because our professional emblem represents a snake, wich wraps itself around a chalice !!...;-))

The Bowl of Hygeia is what that symbol is called. I know that you know it but others may be interested in the name.

Apollo's son, Asclepius was the father of Hygeia. Asclepius was the god of medicine.

I had to look up the spelling of the name as I couldn't recall it decades after studying Greek and Roman mythology. This would be a good Jeopardy Tournament of Champions question.

1723409606796.png

Thank-you for serving the needs of those whose lives you helped by your professional skills.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum.

Latest posts

Back