Front brake line question...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does the Russell re-use the hard pipe piece at the slave down by your left foot?? If it does re-use it be really careful not to twist the tube when you remove and replace the line, it's soft, real soft..........It may also have a tiny little copper donut (really it's called an "olive" if it's like the galfer line) at the tube to pipe junction, make sure that's in there and centered when you tighten it up.....I had hell with mine.....

If it doesn't re-use it but instead goes all the way to the slave cylinder then I think you'll have to remove the middle gear cover. If so look at the retainer plate bolts on the mid gear bearing while your in there and make sure they're not broken or loose.....when you put the mid gear cover back on make sure the copper crush washer is on the bottom center bolt or it'll leak oil..

Bleeding it shouldn't really be any different than the brakes...Mity Vac is worth Gold, can't believe I waited 30 years to buy one....
Thanks for the tips. Looking in the Russell package, I only see a line that looks just like the brake lines, and four crush washers.

I do have a new gasket and copper washer for the middle gear cover to try to stop an oil leak, which I think is around the stator wires. I'll tackle that and the clutch line at the same time.

Jim

Back