fuel filter

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowpoke

Reaction score
do our vmaxes have a fuel filter? if so where is it and how often though it be changed? im kind of wondering if that may be why i dont really notice a change in power once vboost kicks in....

Fuel filter is under the seat. It is housed in a black rubber sleeve that holds it in place. It's a little cylinder about 2" long or so. Mine was white plastic. The fuel line loops a 180 degree bend to go in the one side. Stand on the right side of the bike and you'll see it.

Seat comes off with 4 bolts. 2 phillips head bolts (#3 phillips) and 2 bolts that take a 10mm socket. If you move the flip door up and around the "hump" in its plastic track it's much easier to access the bolts.

Hope it does it for ya

Did you check your manual? If it's the original then it NEEDS to be changed. I'm going to replace mine this year for the first time. It has 3500 or so on it currently.

Chris

i picked up my '03 in october with 1800 miles on it. i replaced it around thattime b/c it was 5/6 years old. figured for the cost it was worth it. manual says every 20k. i can't see doing it every 8 - 10k miles would hurt...

no i havent checked the manual (i dont have one but thats no excuse since there is an online manual) somethign along these lines i usually try to get peoples thoughts ont he matter moreso than what the manual says

i think most of us are kinda anal when it comes to maintenance on our bikes ...well i am anyhoo:rofl_200:
but ...the fuel filter is inexpensive and worthy of a change every yr. IMO

i picked up my '03 in october with 1800 miles on it. i replaced it around thattime b/c it was 5/6 years old. figured for the cost it was worth it. manual says every 20k. i can't see doing it every 8 - 10k miles would hurt...

At this rate... It'd be 2026 before I had to replace my filter...:rofl_200:

1000 miles a year... :biglaugh:

Hey Slow... The owners manual is in the tool kit area... At least it's supposed to be...

Chris

yea i agree.. every yr can't hurt! for $10 whatever, its a piece of mind..

i couldn't get one anywhere in town! wtf? those where common back in the day. even my local dealer looked at me funny. got one online for 13 bucks.

lol from the movie short circuit

johnnyfive.jpeg

i couldn't get one anywhere in town! wtf? those where common back in the day. even my local dealer looked at me funny. got one online for 13 bucks.

You can get the ones at Auto-Zone and other A/P stores that are clear and have several different inlet barb sizes in the package and they will work great.

I just bought a metal one at Autzone. it was a little shorter. I cut about 3/8 inch off one end of the rubber holder and the filter fit in and looks stock.

Latest posts

Back