fuel system problem???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sean could tell you exactly, but in the long run it will do damage as the fuel will not burn fully/properly because the higher RON dictates that it needs more compression to ignite.

got ya, now after draining the bowls and tank and running a new full tank with seafoam even if it starts running running right again should i still do the carbs one over to address any needle issues or should the seafoam be good???

one last aditional note it seems to idle fine with the choke off but when opening the choke it stubles and dies... possible flooding???

one last aditional note it seems to idle fine with the choke off but when opening the choke it stubles and dies... possible flooding???

That's normal if the bike's hot. Choke should only be good for when the bike's cold, and will make it so rich that rpm should climb to about 3000 on full choke.

ok guys im going to drain it compleatly (tank and bowls) tonight. then fill it and run seafoam through it tomorrow. i let you all know. thanks again

ok so new battery, added seafoam (decided to run some thorught the system then drain and repeat) it sputtered at first but it came on and drove up and down the parking lot strong for maybe 20 min. now my big question is it normal for the fuel pump to be click/pumping during normal operation. im sure this is a dumb noob question but i just never noticed it before because i always wear a helmet while ridding and i didnt this time in the parking lot to see if i noticed anything. so anyways my question again is if the fuel pump is suppose to be pumping during normal operation.

i also noticed something on the general page relating to the clutch. someone said that change in play on the cluch may indicate water or fluid in the lines and the day before the bike started having this problem i noticed the clutch lost some pressure so it looks like thats what it is, a horrible case of water contamination and fuel fouling. ill know for sure tomorrow, and any insite on the fuel pump would be appretiated so i know if i need to order a new one or just check the seals and nipples.

If it's making the same repetiive, loud clicking from the fuel pump when you are riding as it does when you are getting ready to fire it up for the first time in a couple days, you might have a misplaced diaphragm in the fuel pump.

Check out this link: http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=8775

It not hard to do and it's free so I'd give it a shot!

yeah theat what i figured i noticed the the sender and receiver lines were damp when i was removing the battery so looks like that is next.

so i noticed i have been posting alot but i also noticed something else today on idle there was more air comming out of one side of the engine as apposed to the other so im thinking loose bowl vent hoses. ill look into that next. just keepin everyone up to the minute.

The fuel pump will click regularly while running, maybe once every few seconds on idle, to keep the float bowls filled. I'm that the faster you run, the faster it clicks, but you can't hear it then..

If it clicks *a lot* while on idle (like as much as when turning the bike on the first time after a few days of not running), then you prolly still have crap in the carbs stopping the needle valves from sealing the fuel supply. In this case (which I had) you should smell gas quite strongly while on idle, and even notice gas leaking from exhausts.

What do you mean by 'more air from one side of the engine'? Exhaust pressure?

it might be that but i can feel some air comming from the left side of the engine its warm might be exhaust but there is no smell or sound of a leak

probubly im just alerted to everything whenever i expereance problems, anyways update here is what i have ruled out, not fuel lines, not contaminated fuel, not carbs, did a compleat flush and started fine and ran strong till again 20 min in soooooo i feel its the pump not maintaining pressure so ill look into that as per the walkthrough for that issue becase again i notice the fuel pump start clicking like crazy just before it started loosing power. let me know your thoughts and ill let you know what the pump looks like when i get it off tomorrow.

It could be that your float needles are shot, but that wouldn't explain why it works for a while and then dies. That sounds more like an electrical problem, where a wire either loses connection or shorts when it gets hot. Hard to say really..

Latest posts

Back