Gen II Looks?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haters gonna hate.

I know you all want one, but trying to justify not buying one for its looks and not its price.
Soon as they drop into the 10's, I know most of you are gonna be shopping.

I love the way it looks and love the way it feels, soon as its affordable for me, im gonna pick one up.

I like the GenII for looks and power/handling, etc... I also like the GenI also - can't really say I like one more than the other. To me, it's like the GenI is the 60's version of a hotrod Camaro, Mustang, etc... and the GenII is the modern version of them, with better brakes, suspension, etc... but with the design lines of the original version.

Personally, my only issue is the price of the GenII - $24,000 Cdn for a new one is just too high for me.

Mike

Haters gonna hate.

I know you all want one, but trying to justify not buying one for its looks and not its price.

I love the way it looks and love the way it feels, soon as its affordable for me, im gonna pick one up.
I'm with you man, my goal is to find one when it's about five years old with a couple thousand miles on it. It will be a one owner with a nice after market full exhaust with an asking price of $9500 :biglaugh: No hate-en here, just putting in my time....

Haters gonna hate.

Not sure what your going on about with the "haters gonna hate" stuff, but the OP was looking for "opinions" on the looks of the bike. I like Brunette's myself, but that does not mean that I hate blonde's :), Just not my preference.

Now for the "right" price and a budget for making some changes too, I would maybe own one myself.
Regards,
R

sams right. haters gonna hate. you know youd look at one if it went by

back it up with your feet, it feels waaaayyy heavy. but once moving its as light as can be. one of the best handling bikes ive ever ridden. the brakes are phucking amazing. my vstrom feels like it doesnt have brakes compared to the gen 2. one finger light pull and your head smacks the tach hahaha.

the bike is 100% perfectly balanced when moving. even when braking, accelerating, turning, whatever. its rock solid, just like the build quality. not one thing rattles on it

and cmon, the looks arent that bad, you sit on it and start it up and feel the rumble and see those two massive scoops like 3 feet apart /drool and if the suns out the black paint sparkles red. you cant explain that.

noone i let ride it even gets on the gas. in my gravel driveway you can just ease the clutch out and when it grabs it does a small chirp spin and starts rolling. no throttle needed it just goes. you know right away the first time you touch the clutch/throttle on this bike you can get hurt reaaaaallll quick

any rpm any speed, you can give it full throttle and it will not bog, EVER. 5th gear at 1500 rpm and whack it wide open it its gone in no time

oh and when the rpm is rising.. youre like wow this is accelerating damn hard... then it pulls harder... and youre like ok cmon srsly this is strong... then it pulls harder... and youre like omg quit it!!!... and then youre at 5k rpm and youre like oh shit a turn!1!! pull out pull out

i was parking it at buffalo wild wings the other day and people literally ran outside to catch me on it before i walked in lol. how many bikes can do that?

""IS THAT THE NEW VMAX OMG HOW LONG R U GONA BE HERE IM CALIN MY FRIEND""

i was parking it at buffalo wild wings the other day and people literally ran outside to catch me on it before i walked in lol. how many bikes can do that?

""IS THAT THE NEW VMAX OMG HOW LONG R U GONA BE HERE IM CALIN MY FRIEND""
Pretty rare in my neck of the woods also, even my gen 1 is pretty rare in my town... Just the way I like it!

I'd have to say I agree (with the first post).....but after I saw the customized (carbon fiber upgrades) 2009 on the starmax website I changed my mind. (see attached pic) Better be ready to spend 2 to 5 grand to get it that way though. Showed this pic to a lot of people and the reaction is the same....holyshit that is badass. Never get that reaction from the stock pics.

Still the King of the muscle bikes....buy the Gen II.

Darren

Attachments

• b.550.560.16777215.0..stories.2009VMaxAccessories.vmax.custom.performance.side.view[1].jpg
    b.550.560.16777215.0..stories.2009VMaxAccessories.vmax.custom.performance.side.view[1].jpg
    27.3 KB
sams right. haters gonna hate. you know youd look at one if it went by

back it up with your feet, it feels waaaayyy heavy. but once moving its as light as can be. one of the best handling bikes ive ever ridden. the brakes are phucking amazing. my vstrom feels like it doesnt have brakes compared to the gen 2. one finger light pull and your head smacks the tach hahaha.

the bike is 100% perfectly balanced when moving. even when braking, accelerating, turning, whatever. its rock solid, just like the build quality. not one thing rattles on it

and cmon, the looks arent that bad, you sit on it and start it up and feel the rumble and see those two massive scoops like 3 feet apart /drool and if the suns out the black paint sparkles red. you cant explain that.

noone i let ride it even gets on the gas. in my gravel driveway you can just ease the clutch out and when it grabs it does a small chirp spin and starts rolling. no throttle needed it just goes. you know right away the first time you touch the clutch/throttle on this bike you can get hurt reaaaaallll quick

any rpm any speed, you can give it full throttle and it will not bog, EVER. 5th gear at 1500 rpm and whack it wide open it its gone in no time

oh and when the rpm is rising.. youre like wow this is accelerating damn hard... then it pulls harder... and youre like ok cmon srsly this is strong... then it pulls harder... and youre like omg quit it!!!... and then youre at 5k rpm and youre like oh shit a turn!1!! pull out pull out

I agree 100%, it is an amazing machine to ride........i've ridden several, one of 'em VERY hard, and have never been failed to be impressed with every aspect of the ride, handling and quality of build....

It's not too big, I just say it LOOKS too big and due to that I like the way it looks less and less every time I see one. Would I buy one under the right circumstances? Hell yes!!! It is a Vmax after all...

Rusty

Sadly I cant comment on how one rides, but from the sounds of it, its exactly how it looks, AMAZING.

I sat on one at the International Motorcycle Show, and it was the only other bike at the show I felt comfortable on. The other was a Kawasaki Z1000, and the vmax was the more comfortable of the two.

I hope I don't offend anyone in the Gen II VMAX community but I find the styling overdone and contorted ... particularly the mufflers, headlight angle, ram induction tubes, and other smaller issues. I wish they'd just let form follow function more and had less of the exaggerated styling.

I have not even sat on one but I hope the seating position is more "open" than my '85. I've taken several x-country trips on my Gen I and it feels like I'm sitting on my heels ... only the factory aftermarket highway pegs gives me relief.

But the Gen II motor is a thing to behold, I'm sure.

Oh, I almost forgot, I'd like a taller front wheel with respect to the rear wheel height.

Just my humble opinion.

But you have to bear in mind that I'm one of those traditionalists that thinks this is a good looking motorcycle:

Bonneville_Details_Overview.jpg

I hope I don't offend anyone in the Gen II VMAX community but I find the styling overdone and contorted ... particularly the mufflers, headlight angle, ram induction tubes, and other smaller issues. I wish they'd just let form follow function more and had less of the exaggerated styling.

I have not even sat on one but I hope the sitting position is more "open" than my '85. I've taken several x-country trips on my Gen I and it feels like I'm sitting on my heels ... only the factory aftermarket highway pegs gives me relief.

But the Gen II motor is a thing to behold, I'm sure.

Oh, I almost forgot, I'd like a taller front wheel with respect to the rear wheel height.

Just my humble opinion.

But you have to bear in mind that I'm one of those traditionalists that thinks this is a good looking motorcycle:

Bonneville_Details_Overview.jpg

and you're right , it is a classic motorcycle , as is this one that I bought in '71 as a " used " bike 'cause the Triumph dealer was out of Bonnevilles , but had a recent trade-in from a guy who traded every year , his Bonneville for another . In '70 when he came in the dealer put him on the XS-650 and he never looked back & traded for a new XS-650 . Still got it .

With that said , I love that Gen II motor ! :clapping:

Attachments

• Snow pics 2010 303.jpg
    Snow pics 2010 303.jpg
    94.4 KB
Last edited:
Wow, that is one nice, clean XS650. Geez, you've had that for long time!

I wanted a 650 Bonnie back in 1963 in high school but my daddy was buying and said no to a foreign made bike and bought me a used '57 HD 74 instead. Oh well ...

Damn, I belonged to the Yamaha 650 Society about 1980. Had a Couple XS650's, 76 and 79. None as perty as yours....:biglaugh:

Thread officially Derailed!!

IMO the new Vmax simply rocks. It IS big, it IS bulky.. Oddly, that IS muscle!

If you are not looking for muscle go buy a Diavel, those are kinda nice too.. =)

If you are not looking for muscle go buy a Diavel, those are kinda nice too.. =)

Sorry to the thread police . It's my first time officer , I swear . :rofl_200:

"not looking for muscle get a Diavel" your kidding right? While the Vmax does have more horsepower the Ducati is no slouch with 168 hp of it's own weighing almost 200 lbs less and I'm sure the Diavel doesn't have something that limits it's top speed to 137.6 mph

Latest posts

Back