Gen II Looks?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think if you replace the stock mirrors with bar ends and could somehow lose the duck's ass fender out back, the bike would look tons better. I personally have never liked the stock rear fender on either Max.

I like the looks of the Gen2 and would have one if I could afford one. The Gen1 is it's own bike and I would definitely not get rid of mine.
The limiter is no big deal to get rid of, I think Tim's flash kit fixes a couple tuning issues while tuning for performance.

Yes Tims reflash does....
I obviously like the Gen II Looks!
But to be honest, when I first got the bike it did seem a tad awkward at first. (Big) but after a few rides you get used to it, and feels like it is meant to be. (I am 6')
I have had two Gen I's so this is not bashing them at all.....
The Gen I feels like a toy after you get off the Gen II, very quirky handling, terrible brakes, the motor is nice but feels a tad lacking in power as well.... Again it is great back in the day but not modern at all.
I still do like the Gen I's alot but there really is no comparison between the two bikes.
I posted pics of both my Vmaxes sitting next to each other, Both at the time bone stock. Here they are again:
I actually was surprised at how similar they actually are though....

And lastly what my GenII currently looks like...

Attachments

• DSC_9710_small.jpg
    DSC_9710_small.jpg
    85.3 KB
  • DSC_9728.jpg
    DSC_9728.jpg
    81.7 KB
  • DSC_9727.jpg
    DSC_9727.jpg
    85.7 KB
  • DSC_9726.jpg
    DSC_9726.jpg
    90.5 KB
  • DSC_9725.jpg
    DSC_9725.jpg
    77.1 KB
  • DSC_9724.jpg
    DSC_9724.jpg
    80.4 KB
  • DSC_9723.jpg
    DSC_9723.jpg
    81.9 KB
  • DSC_9722.jpg
    DSC_9722.jpg
    76 KB
  • DSC_9721.jpg
    DSC_9721.jpg
    79.9 KB
  • DSC_0726.jpg
    DSC_0726.jpg
    88.6 KB
Brett, I'm still flipping back and forth about a Gen II. Having 2 Gen I's is pretty cool. I have the 94 set up for Mary and I to ride and do some minor traveling on. I will eventually turn the 89 into more of a solo rocket. It's finally coming together and running pretty good. I actually came close to pulling even with a wheelie geared R1 this past week. It was in 2nd Gear. Actually got a compliment from Kenny when all was said and done. He was amazed that I had been able to get that close. He did walk away after he found me that there but it shocked the crap outta him...

Anyway, back on subject. How much weight do you figure you've gotten rid of with all your modding. I just don't think I can handle the added weight of a Gen II without hurting my back worse than I all ready do.

BTW: A vote was apparently taken by some of the Women at the last Tech Day and your bike was voted the Pertiest...:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: I agree....

Nice!!!!
I don't know, maybe 25 lbs at best, the cat removed is a ton of weight!
The Gen II's to me feel much lighter than the gen I's after about 10 MPH... I just put on a new front tire today and it REALLY helps the slow speed heavy feel. Ther bike feels 25 lbs lighter than earlier today!

All I know is how the bike makes me feel..... I just got off of her and she just showed me 153 (Correted) on the speed-o! in a very short distance!!!!
Just love this beotch!!!!

Latest posts

Back