Got Gas?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No spare tank, no sir's. but I am pack'n a 5.5 gal tank under the seat. Its stealthy too, cant even see it. brings me to a 150-165 mile light in town and a 200-210 at most on the highway to red. it cost me $5 from a guy in Portland. Best/cheapest mod Ive done. It took about three hours to install with no adapting, popped right in. Too bad the factory doesn't make them stock.

Attachments

• Picture 015.jpg
    Picture 015.jpg
    87.5 KB
  • Moore park Aug 2 2008 (26).jpg
    Moore park Aug 2 2008 (26).jpg
    98.1 KB
No spare tank, no sir's. but I am pack'n a 5.5 gal tank under the seat. Its stealthy too, cant even see it. brings me to a 150-165 mile light in town and a 200-210 at most on the highway to red. it cost me $5 from a guy in Portland. Best/cheapest mod Ive done. It took about three hours to install with no adapting, popped right in. Too bad the factory doesn't make them stock.

thats pretty sweet, tell us more??? does it replace the stock tank or a add on ?

That's almost like 'cheating', I like it!!! :rofl_200:

where does it squeeze the extra gallon and a half out of?

where does it squeeze the extra gallon and a half out of?

Its a bigger tank made in Germany from http://www.schwabenmax.de/English/index_alteng.htm fits in the stock location, takes up available space that the stock one couldn't. Like under the side covers, there's at least an inch gap, it comes to the rear toward the tire, and up under the middle seat flip section. comes out to a little over 5.5 gallons. I can ham fist it all day and not worry, or on a long ride I can stay with sport bikes and not have to worry about where the next fill up is. Problem is its WAY too expensive to order. I lucked out and was at the right place at the right time, I picked my tank up for the price of shipping, $5.

Its a bigger tank made in Germany from http://www.schwabenmax.de/English/index_alteng.htm fits in the stock location, takes up available space that the stock one couldn't. Like under the side covers, there's at least an inch gap, it comes to the rear toward the tire, and up under the middle seat flip section. comes out to a little over 5.5 gallons. I can ham fist it all day and not worry, or on a long ride I can stay with sport bikes and not have to worry about where the next fill up is. Problem is its WAY too expensive to order. I lucked out and was at the right place at the right time, I picked my tank up for the price of shipping, $5.

holy mooly you lucked out:clapping:. how do i get on the $5 program :ummm:

very nice man. i would pick one up for a couple hundred, but not for 600 euro.

143 miles.....3.7 gallons of gas....fuel light had not yet on.....:confused2:

38 miles to the gallon:clapping:

its a 3.8 gallon tank. uh the red light should go on with 3 gallons gone.

do u have an upgraded tank?

I bought it used.......

I do not know.....I don't know anything other than mileage, windshield, crash bars....all else appeared stock.....

From the RPMs in high gear at certain speeds it seems I might have a venture diff......4000 rpms is ALMOST 65mph......but not quite....:confused2:

I bought it used.......

I do not know.....I don't know anything other than mileage, windshield, crash bars....all else appeared stock.....

From the RPMs in high gear at certain speeds it seems I might have a venture diff......4000 rpms is ALMOST 65mph......but not quite....:confused2:
Ya, that's low compared to mine. Ah well, enjoy it!

hmm weird, b/c i think its normal for lights to go on when 3.0 gallons have been used.

Latest posts

Back