Got Gas?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your sensor in the tank may be bad. Mine went out on me. Don't remember the cost but I do remember it was cheap. Two screws and a wire to disconnect it from the bottom of the tank. When the fuel level lowers below the sensor it looses contact, turns on the red light and cuts power to the pump. you acknowledge the light and flip to reserve and the power to the pump is restored. If you ignore or don't see the light the fuel will eventually run out of the carb bowls killing the engine prompting you to flip to reserve, returning power to the pump for the remaining amount of fuel. Even with my bigger tank the sensor is stock so it works the same, it just comes on later than yours. If your tank is near empty it takes about 20 minutes to change.

I bought it used.......

I do not know.....I don't know anything other than mileage, windshield, crash bars....all else appeared stock.....

From the RPMs in high gear at certain speeds it seems I might have a venture diff......4000 rpms is ALMOST 65mph......but not quite....:confused2:

Is the tank plastic or metal?

Well.....I found out today I get 152 miles to a tank of fuel.....

Then I have to push.....

My fuel light appears to have stopped working.....it still lights up at start up so it is not the bulb....:confused2:

Ouch! I'm sorry to hear that! There is a sensor in the tank (the name/type eludes me) that you likely need to replace. Or just watch your trip meter after about 120 miles!

Well.....I found out today I get 152 miles to a tank of fuel.....

Then I have to push.....

My fuel light appears to have stopped working.....it still lights up at start up so it is not the bulb....:confused2:

holy crazy 152, what are ya doing man shutting it off going down hill :ummm:

holy crazy 152, what are ya doing man shutting it off going down hill :ummm:

No.....but it quit at the bottom of a hill.....actually on a causeway across a river....it really was uphill both ways......

That F!#$%&*%$#$ thing is HEAVY!!!!!:bang head:

No.....but it quit at the bottom of a hill.....actually on a causeway across a river....it really was uphill both ways......

That F!#$%&*%$#$ thing is HEAVY!!!!!:bang head:

yup it is, ive pushed a bunch of times myself, even had a drunk dude willing to help me but still heavy, think it was harder when he was pushing , not sure how that happins :ummm:

I bought it used.......

I do not know.....I don't know anything other than mileage, windshield, crash bars....all else appeared stock.....

From the RPMs in high gear at certain speeds it seems I might have a venture diff......4000 rpms is ALMOST 65mph......but not quite....:confused2:

I think you do. Is 3000 RPM almost exactly 50mph in 5th? If so, you have one.

I turn about 4400 to do 72-73mph with the venture pumpkin.

Well.....

I just went 142 miles.....no fuel light.....knowing I ran out last time at 152 miles ....I am guessing my fuel light has stopped working........

It still lights up when you engage the starter so it is not the bulb.....

Is there anything else to check????

Do you just replace the sensor???

Is it even worth doing???? Or do you just fill up every 100 miles and forget about it.......:confused2:

I would make sure it's working. I cannot trust Redbone to go over 100 miles on every tank. When I have been v-boosting too much Redbone can burn through a tank in 80 - 85 miles.

I would make sure it's working. I cannot trust Redbone to go over 100 miles on every tank. When I have been v-boosting too much Redbone can burn through a tank in 80 - 85 miles.

Yeah......that's kinda what I thought.....:bang head:

Guess I better check into the sensor.....

How hard is it to change???

Latest posts

Back