Handlebar vibrations in Gen II?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have tried bb's in the bar
I had bad vibration in my kawasaki zzr1200. I also did the bb's. Although they helped a bit, the thing that helped the most was a set of grip puppies. Using the grip puppies, along with gloves with a padded palm, it got a lot better.

Before I put bb's in my inside my bars the numbing usually started within 20 miles and if I barely touched break or clutch levers it was like getting a electronic pulse or a continues low voltage shock . Something else to if you do the bb's don't forget their in there ! (don't ask me how I know this but it's was entertaining )

Before I put bb's in my inside my bars the numbing usually started within 20 miles and if I barely touched break or clutch levers it was like getting a electronic pulse or a continues low voltage shock . Something else to if you do the bb's don't forget their in there ! (don't ask me how I know this but it's was entertaining )

Thats kinda what it felt like last year when I rode up to Rolling Thunder. On the way back I was almost in tears, couldn't wait for the rest stop to take a break.. Almost everyjoint in my body hurt from it... Getting older doesn't help... worse than using a gas weedeater for 2 days straight as a teen making money clearing a hillside in CA for a friend of my fathers....

I just got my vibranators in the mail and can't for the life of me figure out how the throttle side is supposed to go in there. I take the factory bar end out, and there's no "hole" there to insert the vibranator??? How do you get the "inner guts" of the bar out, that has the threaded section for the stock bar ends? What's holding it all in there??? :ummm:

Maybe this part from the service manual helps?

Last edited:
The company where I bought the vibornator sent me a part I will look for it I have shelves full of boxes to look thru but if I Remember right it a piece of rubber that fits inside the bar with a screw in the center .I never needed it cause of the fatbar but it seemed to screw into piece thats inside the bar and you pull it out . I will go look for it

Yea, there's an extra "tool" piece that came with the kit, but I wasn't sure that's what it was for, the instructions don't really spell it out. So it's just a "plug" in there, no clip holding it in?

I found the instructions, got the plug extractor setup like in the pics, but I'm not getting anywhere fast. I don't want to strip out the factory threads, and I'm applying force to the insert, but the insides are not budging! If I thread much harder, something is going to give. :ummm:

Man, I must be retarded or they must have used some serious thread locker on the inserts. Are they threaded or just popped in there? Loctite at the factory maybe? Surely I'm not the first person to attempt to do this on a second gen, right? Hell, at this point, it might be easier to just get some drag bars and start over, with a hollow end. LOL.

I found the instructions, got the plug extractor setup like in the pics, but I'm not getting anywhere fast. I don't want to strip out the factory threads, and I'm applying force to the insert, but the insides are not budging! If I thread much harder, something is going to give. :ummm:

They will NOT come out. I don't know of anyone that removed them successfully, they are bonded in.

They will NOT come out. I don't know of anyone that removed them successfully, they are bonded in.

That's pretty much my luck. I've given up at this point. Any suggestions on some good bars that will work with the Boulevard windscreen? :punk:

That's pretty much my luck. I've given up at this point. Any suggestions on some good bars that will work with the Boulevard windscreen? :punk:

I bought my bars from Sean Morley. I like them, but they have less pull back and rise than stock. That's what I was looking for because the stock ones hurt my wrist's after a while on the bike.

So am I seeing this correctly? These 2nd generation VMAX bars are 1" at the mounts and tapered to 7/8" at the bar end? So these vibranators I bought are obviously for the smaller end, but I'm thinking I need 1" bars to replace them? Are the aftermarket ones tapered too? Interesting. :ummm:

My fatbar is tapered to where at the end of the bar you can't stick your pinky in end . I don't remember size but the vibornators I bought won't fit and also my fatbars had a rubber hose shoved inside the bar with a nut inside the hose for the bar ends to screw into so I was able to pour bb's all the way thru . The bb's helps alot but I still get the numbing but not as bad before .

Latest posts

Back