How many?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twistedmax

Reaction score
trying to find out how many 1st gen vmax's were produced either word wide or for export to the good ole USA,and if possible, how many may still be registered in this contry or word wide. any links would be great, thank you in advance.

I know,tried to find info online but had no luck.thought maybe one of these gurus might have an idea.evan an educated guess would help.5000 a year? 2500 a year like the 2nd gen?maybe a former police officer would know were to find how many are registered in the us,somthing.just doing some research and it would be helpfull to know.evan if someone points me in the right direction.

I think there were a LOT made in 85 (probably 20K) and then less each year after. For instance 2005 there were only 2000. I would bet that similar number was the same for most production years.

Sean

only 2000 in 05 or only 2000 numbered for the 20th aniversary?
2500 x twenty years,thats only 50000 does that sound right?

2000 in 05 period and even those had a hard time selling out. I was still seeing 07's in the dealership new last year even. I bet that 50K number is close but maybe a little low. Probably easily that little issued to the U.S. though.

Sean

I've tried to research that same Q about how many have been made, and color options. There is no info out on the web that I have found.

Brian

thanx Brain,did you try asking yamaha corp via email?i think that might be my next option.

i honestly have only seen 9 in real life, mine, one at the fair parked along side the road, one at the dealer, and 6 at sean morley's house.

Latest posts

Back