huge stutter off idle

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okievmax

Reaction score
I have a video on my phone. If i send it to someone can they post it for me? I need some advice.

also anything done to the carbs? stg 1 or 7 or stock? sounds like sync is off a little and lean. try also turning a/f screws a little out, what are they set too now? did this just start happening?
someone else prob has a better clue as to what it is but just some basic starting points for ya.

I just synced the carbs. It is running pretty rich at idle. It has been running bout 3 mins with the choke off. i dont have any idea what is in the carbs. Its exactly like i got it. but the air screws are 3 to 3.25 turns out.

all the plugs are good, or worth a chg to help dismiss them from causing issues. also get a plug read at idle

you bet. glad to help. any time.

does it still idle funny after a romp around time? at what rpm do you have the idle at? hmmm...3 to 3.5 turns isn't stock, but you do have a kerker--maybe they need to be set like that b/c of the exhaust. hmmm. have you tried "sea foam" or "start your engines"? couldn't hurt. also consider "shotgun" or "pea shooter", couldn't hurt neither.

Ive ran seafoam in it. Im gonna do the shotgun method to it. Any ideas on why it could be running so rich at idle?

float height out of adjustment, jets/mixture screws, but doesnt sound like you have been playing with those lately so float height might need to be checked

Back