General

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use water-soluble gel, like KY jelly or a generic equivalent, a light schmear on the inside of the boots and around the metal spigots. Vaseline also works. You don't need much!

Here's a way I have done the 'seating' of the carburetors, an appropriate term for my method.
https://www.vmaxforum.net/threads/1989-vmax-resurrection-thread.53264/page-2#post-535165

1724685719520.png

Yes, Fonzie started out on a H-D Knucklehead, before a Triumph was used as a replacement. The VOLO Museum by Chicago, rents-out the Knucklehead for $4,000 a day.

The one thing that doesn’t work is the Vboost Module under the Scoop .
IS Voost always open? That can be the problem on cold bike. I have a switch, and play with it sometimes. Doesnt work good on low RPM for me.

Good Morning, Going through all Electric Connections ,
Dielectric Grease all .
Came across this ,
Shouldn’t it a plug in plug here ?
Left side where the Vmax Cover is .
And would you know off hand what it controls
Those are your stator wires, best thing to do is to cut out plug and wire them direct with a solder joint. Common issue with VMax-looks like there was heat at one time at that connection.

As MrMax1985 suggest the white wire come from the stator.
It isn't original wiring that is going into the connector but what is there should go to the regulator/ rectifier. I wonder if the r/r is OE?
IMO there is nothing wrong with multiblock connections provided they are tight and clean.

As MrMax1985 suggest the white wire come from the stator.
It isn't original wiring that is going into the connector but what is there should go to the regulator/ rectifier. I wonder if the r/r is OE?
IMO there is nothing wrong with multiblock connections provided they are tight and clean.
I crimped them abit and then plugged them in and put a lot of dielectric grease in there . 👍

Latest posts

Back