I can't believe it

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EAGLEPI

Reaction score
I was outside the other day washing my VMAX so I could take the pic's for my Ebay listing. A guy drove by and looked at my bike really hard......lol

After I washed it, I drove it down the road a block and a half and there is the same guy coming out of his garage with his VAMX !!!

I didn't think there was one within 2 or 3 states from me up here on the North Dakota Minnesota border, now I see one a block and a half from my house.......lol

It's not a big city up here so I have no idea why I never seen him before, we talked and he had never seen mine either. So I guess I have a good reason to keep mine too...

LOL, got to fix your Vamx error! He's probably never seen one still!

On a side note. There is a guy with one in my subdivision but have yet to get him stopped to chat with him. He's been trying to tune it I think since I see him go by with parts off of it. If he only knew lol!

Sean

On a side note. There is a guy with one in my subdivision but have yet to get him stopped to chat with him. He's been trying to tune it I think since I see him go by with parts off of it. If he only knew lol!

Sean
Sometimes it pays to take the time to stop and talk with your neighbors! Good one Sean!:biglaugh:

Sean
oh jeeze. just don't bring the monkey with you

Hey, doesnt that monkey live within each and every one of us. It all just depends on how deep that monkeys hand can reach down in your pocket!!!

Sean

My vmax error.....you mean this minor carb problem?? I hope when I do the shotgun that will help. It ran fine when I put it in storage. It was just when I tried to start it when my problems started and they have got much better.. it's just when you ride a bike you know when it's "off' and that is what I feel now so I hope cleaning them will help.

When you rebuilt them you jetted them for my marks exhaust so they should be good.. and when I sync them they are very close to "right on" so I'm sure it is some goo in my carbs.. I just don't want to work on it until sat. when it finishes on Ebay

Ron

My vmax error.....you mean this minor carb problem?? I hope when I do the shotgun that will help. It ran fine when I put it in storage. It was just when I tried to start it when my problems started and they have got much better.. it's just when you ride a bike you know when it's "off' and that is what I feel now so I hope cleaning them will help.

When you rebuilt them you jetted them for my marks exhaust so they should be good.. and when I sync them they are very close to "right on" so I'm sure it is some goo in my carbs.. I just don't want to work on it until sat. when it finishes on Ebay

Ron

You spelled it vamx in your OP... :biglaugh:

I removed some carbs from a Venture the other day that were crap and when I dumped the fuel out of them, water came out of one of them... Not sure how or why it was in there but it's not a good thing... I will now run Startron in my fuel and use it when storing. It's cheap insurance IMO.

Chris

OH.............lol yeah my "a" finger is faster than my other fingers in typing so many times when I type "have" it comes out ahve.

OK I get it now, Someday they will make a forum where you can leave voice messages and that way you will be able to hear the tone and pick up the joking..

When you are in a serious mood and someone types something to you, you often take it according to the mood you are in and so many misunderstandings start from the typed word.

I'm hoping like hell I don't have to take my carbs apart any more than required for the shotgun...

As soon as my Ebay listing ends I plan to start working on it and adding more to it since I am keeping it now. Watch someone offer me what I want as soon as I put new rubber on it..........lol if they do the price will go up the cost of the tires. I believe in a good deal but people want to rape you now a days......... Some idiot offered me $4000 for my 07.

this bike

7.jpg

OK well I got that off my chest...........lol

Ron

Do you like the looks of your mufflers mounted on the outside of the rear peg bracket vs. on the inside?

-Mike

I just looked at some other Mark's pipes and looks like I put the tab on the outside instead of the inside.. duh...........lol I didn't know.. that will get fixed in a hurry, thanks for mentioning it

NO I didn't know what side of the bracket it went on, I see on several the tab is on the back so I guess I installed it wrong... I'm glad you said something.. hell I'm new to this "working on my own bike bussiness"

That damn monkey got my bank card:rofl_200::rofl_200:, He`s living here and refuses to pay rent.
<<Dave>>

You still had a bank card??? Damn, my Monkey caused mine to burst into flames YEARS ago:rofl_200: Now I am not allowed one, but he still finds a way, dirty stinkin ape!!

NO I didn't know what side of the bracket it went on, I see on several the tab is on the back so I guess I installed it wrong... I'm glad you said something.. hell I'm new to this "working on my own bike bussiness"
I have mine on the back but I had to shim the bracket out to pull the muffler away from my equally sweet progressive 440 shocks. Just be mindful that a quarter inch might not be enough clearance between shock and exhaust can.

Attachments

• IMG_0430.jpg
    IMG_0430.jpg
    65.7 KB
Now that I think back when I installed the exhaust I believe I couldn't get them to fit behind because the cans hit the shocks and it was a job getting them to line up and fit on the outside.

Hell I can't remember last week at times nevermind last summer..........lol

But now that you mention it, I do think my shocks were in the way and that is why I mounted the tabs on the outside.

Doe anyone know how mark designed them to go on a stock bike?

If memory serves I just grabbed the can and pulled out on it a bit. It doesn't help a ton but it does help.

Attachments

• IMG_0683.jpg
    IMG_0683.jpg
    72.4 KB

Sean

How cool that would be to have you as a neighbor you would put a fence up I do believe I would be over all the time trying to learn about these bikes :biglaugh:

Latest posts

Back