I can't believe it

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The RH side is easy you just need to shim bracket (rear footpeg/ muffler mount piece) out enoughto clear. I had to shim the RH side with two thin SS washers.
The LH side might not be that simple but I have not tried as the LH side of mine has good clearance. However, if you look at how the bottom edge of the bracket and how it fits against Marks bracket it dosen't match up very well, at least on mine they didn't. Over the winter I filed the lower edge so it would better follow Marks bracket design. There not a lot to take off to get the brackets to match up but it does help with the fit/ clearance.

Thanks Brian,

Since mark makes these xhaust for the VMAX I don't understand why he doesn't have any instructions for the install. I asked him when I bought mine last summer and he said it was something he had to do, not sure if he has since.

So are you saying that you took the bracket off and shimed them to clear? I guess I am confused ( which isn't easy to do to me ) If I remember correctly the bracket wasn't the problem, when I tried to put the cans tabs on the inside of the bracket the can hit the shocks. If the tabs go on the inside of the brackt how would shimming the bracket out help the problem with the cans hitting the shocks. I could understand shimming if the tabs were suppose to go on the outside as I installed mine because if you shimmed the bracket out and then put the cans tabs on the outside they would be further out and clear the shocks. Or are you putting the washers then the tabs for the cans and then the brackets back on?

I guess I should have been more specific of where I put the shim on the RH side. There are 2 bolts that hold the footpeg/ muffler mount to the frame andI shimmed (2 thin SS washers) the rearmost mounting point. The effect once tighten back down was to move the exhaust mounting point out maybe 5/16". The two washers were maybe 3/16" thick.
The can is now 3/8" away from the shock which is acceptable in my book.
Add a picture that may help to visualize which bolt I shimmed. In the picter there are two bolts showing the one on the right that mounts the foot peg bracket to the frame is the one I shimmed.

Attachments

• IMG_0427.jpg
    IMG_0427.jpg
    63.2 KB
I think I understand now, you are putting the muffler tabs on the inside of the bracket and shimming out the muffler tabs and then putting the bracket over the muffler tabs. That makes more sense to me.

Latest posts

Back