I need some inspiration!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GREEN light BLITZ

Reaction score
Ok boys,I plan on getting the one seater conversion for my bike and following it up with a new paint job!

But what paint job should I do?:confused2:

I have red with silver racing stripes now and like it but wanna do somthing new other than the cliche "V-Max black".I was thinking of doing a darker red with more metal flake,and black racing stripes instead of silver.

I dunno,maybe just a little inspiration from some one elses point of view?

Ive taken the liberty of "primering" it with the paint program if you wanna take a stab at it for kicks.

Attachments

• pint it.JPG
    pint it.JPG
    53.1 KB
YOUR PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED ! ... CLICK ON HERE & THEN CALL THEM & ORDER A PAINT CHART BOOK . FOR ALL OF THE CANDY APPLE COLORS , BUT IT COMES WITH SO MUCH MORE PAINT COMBINATIONS IN IT , THAT YOU WILL PROBABLY BE MORE CONFUSED THEN YOU ARE NOW ! I PAID LIKE $80 - $100.00 FOR IT , IT IS SO AWESOME , YOU WILL LOOK AT IT FOR DAYS & KEEP CHANGING YOUR MIND ! IVE HAD MINE FOR YEARS & MY V-MAX STILL HAS THE FACTORY PAINT . AND I PAINT ! ... NEED I SAY MORE , YOU WILL BECOME HYPNOTIZED BY THIS BOOK ! ... TRUST ME ! ... http://www.houseofkolor.com/hok/index.jsp

my friend has a house of kolor paint book and it really does have a lot of stuff in it, and different styles of applying the paint and what it looks like.

theres even a section about painting a color you want... then before it dries.... wrinkling up some aluminum foil and getting almost a marble look

Yeah Im not too worried about how Im going to actually paint it,thats the easy part. But picking a scheme has got me beat.

right now its red with silver stripes and black pin stripping,my new plan was DEEP red with black racing stripes and silver pin stripping.

Pretty much the same thing just fresh. My first paint job on it was just to get it all one color and lookin half descent till i could do a better one.

I REALLY LIKE " GHOST " THINGS IN PAINT JOBS , ( THINGS YOU HAVE TO LOOK FOR ) .. LIKE IF YOU TAPED OF THE FAKE GAS TANK COVER TO SAY V-MAX , THEN AFTER 2 COATS , UNTAPED IT , WITH CANDY COLORS YOU WOULD BARLEY SEE IT , BUT IN THE WRIGHT LIGHT , PEOPLE & EVEN YOU MIGHT SAY , MAN THATS COOL AS HELL ! ...YOU COULD EVEN GHOST THE FACTORY V-MAX LOGOS ON THE SIDE COVERS ! .. :punk:

I REALLY LIKE " GHOST " THINGS IN PAINT JOBS , ( THINGS YOU HAVE TO LOOK FOR ) .. LIKE IF YOU TAPED OF THE FAKE GAS TANK COVER TO SAY V-MAX , THEN AFTER 2 COATS , UNTAPED IT , WITH CANDY COLORS YOU WOULD BARLEY SEE IT , BUT IN THE WRIGHT LIGHT , PEOPLE & EVEN YOU MIGHT SAY , MAN THATS COOL AS HELL ! ...YOU COULD EVEN GHOST THE FACTORY V-MAX LOGOS ON THE SIDE COVERS ! .. :punk:

Check this out :)

IMG_0644.jpg

IMG_0639.jpg

Walk around with your camera and take snapshots of the colors you like. It may just very well transfer nicely to the bike.

You never know what you may come up with that will be uniquely yours, After all this guy found inspiration in Cheese Whiz :biglaugh:

Attachments

• 55Chev-CheeseWhiz-Orange.jpg
    55Chev-CheeseWhiz-Orange.jpg
    74.7 KB
WHEN I BOUGHT MY V-MAX , I WAS GOING TO PAINT IT CANDY BLUE OVER SILVER FLAKE , AS A TRIBUTE BIKE TO MY "79" XS1100 THAT I HAD PAINTED THESE COLORS & LOVED IT ! ... BUT MY V-MAX LOOKS SO GOOD ALL BLACKED OUT ( AND I HATE BLACK ) AND WITH ALL OF MY RIDING GEAR & BLACK " SPIKED " HELMET , THAT I CANT SEE ME PAINTING IT ! :confused2:EVEN THESE STRIPES ON MY CAR ARE CANDY BLUE OVER SILVER FLAKE ! THEY LOOKED LIKE A BLUE ICE-POP , MADE MY MOUTH WATER ! :rofl_200: BELIEVE ME . THESE PICTURES DON'T DO THESE PAINT JOBS JUSTICE ! .. YOU HAVE TO SEE THEM IN THE DIRECT SUN LIGHT , OR A NIGHT WHEN THE LIGHTS WOULD HIT THEM ! AWESOME !

Attachments

• 100_0808.jpg
    100_0808.jpg
    65.5 KB
  • 100_0806.jpg
    100_0806.jpg
    85.6 KB
  • 100_0809.jpg
    100_0809.jpg
    43.1 KB
  • 100_0793.jpg
    100_0793.jpg
    49.7 KB
  • 100_0794.jpg
    100_0794.jpg
    56 KB
Check out some of the ALSACORP.com paint. Really cool stuff there.

Latest posts

Back