I'd like your opinion

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeeeez Danny.........

If you are that hard up for one to take apart I one up here sitting in 10 below zero that would LOVE to keep your 2 company till spring:rofl_200:

For $800.00 I don't see how you could get hurt if it was all there:confused2:

hey kyle maybe we should all coral our horses in his barn over winter to keep them all happy, well maybe keep Dan happy if anything :rofl_200: they'll end up with new steering head bearings and exhaust by the time spring rolls around :punk:

hey kyle maybe we should all coral our horses in his barn over winter to keep them all happy, well maybe keep Dan happy if anything :rofl_200: they'll end up with new steering head bearings and exhaust by the time spring rolls around :punk:

Danny's steering head bearing replacement method is a little involved for my liking:rofl_200:

I tried to get mine into the dining room........my wife did not think it was a good idea.........

I think that Cheech and Chong bit spoiled it for me:damn angry:

Well it is the original year of the Legend that should say something .
I know a few bike guys here that would love to restore an 85 .
Besides if you didnt have your bikes you would have to work for a living . :clapping:

ODD PLACE FOR A V-MAX DEALERSHIP , BACK IN THE WOODS , WERE YOU LIVE ! .. IS YOUR PROPERTY ZONED COMMERCIAL DAN ! ... :ummm::confused2::rofl_200:

Ah...total false alarm guys!!! Garrett and I went to check it out today....it's a complete piece of junk! It either got submersed in salt water or was in salt spray for a long time, everything on the bike was rusted/corroded to the point of being worthless. The carbs were left off the bike for some time so the inside of the motor prolly looks just like the outside.

On a positive note Garrett knew a place that sold these big giant Bison burgers w/fries & rings.....Mmmmm! Delicious, we ate a little late, about 3 or so and when I got home my wife had a nice cube steak and fries all ready to eat....I didn't want to disappoint her so I put a good effort in with it and now I'm dieing here!!!

Good thing I didn't spend that money on the bike....I can still afford to get my stomach pumped!!! :puke: :barf::barf::puke: :bang head:

ODD PLACE FOR A V-MAX DEALERSHIP , BACK IN THE WOODS , WERE YOU LIVE ! .. IS YOUR PROPERTY ZONED COMMERCIAL DAN ! ... :ummm::confused2::rofl_200:

I'll have to check on that zoning thing Timmy.....but you know what they say, "If you build it, they will come!!" Hell I bet I can have 15 - 20 V Max's here as early as this spring!!!:rofl_200:

I'll have to check on that zoning thing Timmy.....but you know what they say, "If you build it, they will come!!" Hell I bet I can have 15 - 20 V Max's here as early as this spring!!!:rofl_200:
IVE BEEN COMING THERE THE LAST 2 YEARS , FIRST YEAR THERE WAS ONLY 2 OF US ( ME & BUTCH ) BUT IT WAS GREAT ! , LAST YEAR 14 OF US INCLUDING WIVES & PEOPLE WHO JUST STAYED A COUPLE OF HOURS I THINK , BUT MAN WAS IT FRIGGING GREAT ! ... EVEN THE WEATHER WAS GREAT , SO YOUR WRIGHT " IF YOU BUILD IT THEY "WILL" COME " ... :rofl_200:.... AND AS FAR AS YOU BEING ABLE TO HAVE 15 OR 20 V-MAX'S THERE BY SPRING , " DAN " , THERES NOBODY ON THIS FORUM THAT WOULD BET AGAINST THAT ! ... :rofl_200:

Ah...total false alarm guys!!! Garrett and I went to check it out today....it's a complete piece of junk! It either got submersed in salt water or was in salt spray for a long time, everything on the bike was rusted/corroded to the point of being worthless. The carbs were left off the bike for some time so the inside of the motor prolly looks just like the outside.

On a positive note Garrett knew a place that sold these big giant Bison burgers w/fries & rings.....Mmmmm! Delicious, we ate a little late, about 3 or so and when I got home my wife had a nice cube steak and fries all ready to eat....I didn't want to disappoint her so I put a good effort in with it and now I'm dieing here!!!

Good thing I didn't spend that money on the bike....I can still afford to get my stomach pumped!!! :puke: :barf::barf::puke: :bang head:

haha or just go running around the yard for a bit dan that should help out :biglaugh: , Bison burgers and steak tonight, my heart bleeds for you man. you get what you deserve!!!!
i actually was just at the store looking for bison burgers, couldnt find any, my buddies got a bison farm but about 20hrs from here :bang head: no help when im hungry now!!!!

Myself, I wouldn't even think about it for one second.... go look with money inhand pick it up then think about what to do with it. I am sure you can get your money back out of it if you part it out...

Scooter

nah it was a complete POS. everything was rusted. it would be a lot of work. only thing worth money on it was the '85 side panels and the yamaha engine guards. both would have to be refinished though

however the trip was hardly a waste. the guy had tons of vmax parts and i made him an offer on a pretty beat up yamaha OEM backrest. so i'm going to clean it up and put it up for sale i think. i just need to find a pad for it, as thats all its missing.

Absolutely, not a waste at all....Garrett scored the backrest and I picked up a set of scoops (all corroded of course) that could be rescued, so a good one overall.

No wants...no warrants and nothing broke on the truck.....had much worse days that's fer sure!! :thumbs up:

and NO ONE left hungry. i still haven't eaten since that lunch.

$800 would make a nice down on an older 1200 Bandit. Trick it out with Gixxer goodies and you have a cheap bike that'll run with a Max!

Blaine

So I heard....Danny probably won't eat for another day from the sounds of it.:biglaugh:

Haha!! Not much of an appetite this morning, that's for sure!! Altho I did manage to choke down 2 or 3 homemade ginger/molasses cookies!!

Just made a call on this one http://worcester.craigslist.org/mcy/1484861957.html the guy answers...hello
me....I'm calling on the v max on craigslist
guy....yeah
me....are you the guy selling it?
guy....yeah
me....what's wrong with it, you said it needs work
guy....2nd gear acts funny
me....what year is it?
guy....85
me....is it original, wheels, side covers etc.?
guy....yeah, well...they might have been changed, I don't know
me....do you have any pictures of it?
guy....no
me....can you get any?
guy....no, that's too much hassle for me
me....I'm about 3 1/2 hours away, I don't want to drive all the way over there without having some idea what it looks like.
guy....well, you're probably not interested in it then.
me....You sure got that right, pal!!
CLICK!!

What a fuckin' asshole!! Maybe this V Max fleet thing ain't such a good idea.....it sure doesn't seem to be working for me!! :damn angry:

I sure there will be a share of those calls but you connect on one or two good finds and you'd be good for the winter as far as projects go. Man, I need a heated garage!

Dan to have the sweet you gotta try the sour!!!!. dont give up you can still have your vmax harem or your own bike gang. easy to boss guys around when your the lone rider lol. maybe the food coma is bringing you down, maybe a moment of weekness, keep searching....

Latest posts

Back