Ignorant question of the day....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FootNote

Reaction score
Alright, so I feely admit. I am very ignorant when it comes to bikes I just got one (or at least I will as soon as the damn check comes in the mail so I can pay the guy.)

Natrually I have been looking at photos, reading up a bit, watching videos of Vmax's and trying to learn more about them.

Now I have no plans on modifying my vmax anytime soon. (we will see how long that lasts) I have no doubt it will have more then enough power for me. Anything I do in the near future will be cosmetic.

But I was looking at the UFO website and on their home page in their banner they have a photo of what looks like a airfilter sticking out the left side of the bike... I am sure this is a stupid simple question but what is it for?

Thanks in advance for not flaming me to hard. :p

Aahhhh, another "newbie" sucked into the U.F.O. dark side...
Live and learn I guess. Maybe newbie has not discovered the "search" function on this site yet?

Aahhhh, another "newbie" sucked into the U.F.O. dark side...
Live and learn I guess. Maybe newbie has not discovered the "search" function on this site yet?

Newbie has discovered the "search" function on the site, but its kind of hard to search for something that you dont know the name of. :ummm:

everyone has their own opinion on UFO. the proof is in the posts, no guessing/heresay needed.

everyone has their own opinion on UFO. the proof is in the posts, no guessing/heresay needed.

lol I dont know anything about them really. The bike I just bought has their quadzilla pipes on it, thats really the only reason I have even heard of them. I dont have any plans to do any performance upgrades any time soon.

They probably are blacked out Cobra pipes that Jon re-branded as his own. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

UFO is just not a company you want to deal with....virtually everything he sells is a rip-off of someone else's design, or is simply a re-branded generic part for triple the price. Jon Cornell (the man behind it) had a widespread reputation in the vmax community (both here and at starvmax, which he apparently got banned from for being an asshole) as a liar, cheat, and overall waste of time. You can also see what an insecure little child he is by his website....he makes childish insults at competitors and posts long-ass "technical bulletins" warning (whining) about some competitor's product he has deemed is unsafe.

There's loads of other places you can get vmax parts for better prices and with better service. Sean Morley (morleysmuscle.com) can hook you up with about any mod you can think of. Boxxenstopp and Extracept are two other companies that specialize in Vmax accessories. There are several member/vendors here as well that manufacture/sell their own parts.

I dont have any plans to do any performance upgrades any time soon.

That's what I said six months ago. I'll just put a sticker on the lid and live the love of what is the mighty max. Sorry to say, it's a drug, man--the more you open up the V-Boost the more you want from it, and after it gives you all that it can, well.....

Ahhhh. I remember it well, the day the Monkey made his bitch. What started out as fixing a weeping clutch slave turned into full up SS braided replacement of the hydraulic lines. Then after nearly getting sideswiped by the blind and deaf snowbirds down here, I said to myself, I need something louder and more aggressive than "meep meep". A set of seized up steering bearings turned into new bars and grips. A dead battery turned into COPS parts.

Sorry my friend, if you are EVEN entertaining thoughts of "cosmetic mods", it's the beginning of the end. :rofl_200: There's some crazy shit out there.

I'm only going to do a couple of mods...

and...

The checks in the mail...

and...

Of course I'll love you in the morning...

and...

well , you get the idea :biglaugh:

They probably are blacked out Cobra pipes that Jon re-branded as his own. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

UFO is just not a company you want to deal with....virtually everything he sells is a rip-off of someone else's design, or is simply a re-branded generic part for triple the price. Jon Cornell (the man behind it) had a widespread reputation in the vmax community (both here and at starvmax, which he apparently got banned from for being an asshole) as a liar, cheat, and overall waste of time. You can also see what an insecure little child he is by his website....he makes childish insults at competitors and posts long-ass "technical bulletins" warning (whining) about some competitor's product he has deemed is unsafe.

There's loads of other places you can get vmax parts for better prices and with better service. Sean Morley (morleysmuscle.com) can hook you up with about any mod you can think of. Boxxenstopp and Extracept are two other companies that specialize in Vmax accessories. There are several member/vendors here as well that manufacture/sell their own parts.

Please pull over for the spelling police ............ Exactrep .... www.exactrep.com :rofl_200: ( for the new guy ) , bring $ . LOL

Please pull over for the spelling police ............ Exactrep .... www.exactrep.com :rofl_200: ( for the new guy ) , bring $ . LOL

Morleys Muscle (anything you want he can usually get, and makes a damn good carb set up to from what I hear, lot's of chrome and custom too)
Exactrep (all kinds of exotic shit plus run of the mill)
Boxxenstop (all kinds of exotic shit plus run of the mill)
Python motorsports (all kinds of macined aluminum bit's and pieces)
Rocky Mountian SportMax (Mechanical stuff)
WildBros (anything you can think of)
Cycle one off (all kinds of macined aluminum bit's and pieces)
Capital Sign (some really cool body work)
Fat Max (More body work and hard bags)
Moto-Boutique (I think their website might be dead, I can never get past the home page??)
Holeshot (exhaust)
Marks Exhaust
PCW (they build engines, big expensive powerful ones)

And UFO (I've never had any problems with them, always got what I ordered, on time and as represented, I think a small amount of people got fucked or thought they did (assembling something wrong and breaking it, but then again instructions should have been provided, my wheels had none when I bought them either, just had to go by the factory service manual and common sense as to how it came apart) and have a LOT of time to spend on the Forums bashing him) Yeah, he stole his original exhaust sytem design from someone else, but it works, and that someone else no longer makes them) I own a used, brand new in the box UFO exhaust that the owner sold me for half price saying it wouldn't fit and pissed at UFO because Jon told him it did fit and to keep trying, and probably implied the guy was an idiot too knowing him. I took it home and it went right on with a little "persuasion" No more than a set of long tube headers on a car usually requires. The guy I bought it from was a Mechanical Engineer, I'm a Technician, that's the basic difference between the two. I will admit Cornell comes across as very arrogant for sure. And does himself no favor with the crap he puts on his website under the guise of "technical buletins" ....it IS childish...But if he's got something I can't get somehwere else I'll buy it in a second and never lose sleep over it.

Don't be afraid to order from Exactrep, yeah they are over seas, but I usually get their stuff as fast if not faster than the US vendors. And it's cool when you do because some of it isn't available from any one but them...(CyberMax Headlight and Baddann scoops)

Morley
Python
Cycle one off
Wildbrothers
Exactrep

Are the most dependable and reputable in my experience.

And of course Morley is the Forum favorite because he's a nice guy, dependable, and right here on the forum to help out if there are issues. If he can get it I would order from him first.

+1 on Morley, Python and RM Sportmax. Sean Morley especially, he has the some of the best customer service I've ever encountered in any transaction. Oh, and for a long time I thought it was EXTRACEP as well.:biglaugh:

Latest posts

Back