Carb synch issue

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A word to the wise, you better buy parts now, for whatever you're planning to do in the future, because of the longshoremens' strike. You are in for a long wait if this runs into months, and then once it's settled, there will be a big backlog. Don't forget paper towels and T.P.! :( 👍:oops:

The All Balls is for 4 carburetors, as is the Parts Unlimited. The K & L is 1 carb, so you need 4.

I normally advise against the 'all four carburetors in one kit' sets, from no-name suppliers, but All Balls and Parts Unlimited are reputable. It would be interesting to have someone try All Balls, someone else try P.U. and a third try K & L, and see how things turn out. I've used All Balls and Parts Unlimited parts before but never for carburetors. I do use and recommend K & L.

I was just in Grand Rapids, but I didn't do any parts shopping. Just vacationing, and that includes boating. I also rode my friend's BMW R1150GS, which I now know is too-tall and big for me, especially off-road. It's something like ~20 lbs less than a VMax Gen. 1! Nothing I'd want to pick-up in the dirt.

Last edited:
Thanks for that. I see three choices for repair kits. An economy from K&L, one Parts Unlimited, and one from All Balls.

https://www.partsgiant.com/motorcycle/fuel-systems?f=116151

Mark
I got the K&L kits. From what these forum guys recommended. Bought the new main jets at the local yamaha dealer. I put in 150's My bike runs fine now.
Stay away from the eBay kits. As the others have said, pure junk. Many of the parts weren't correct. All four float needle tips swelled up and disintegrated as soon as the fuel hit them.

Hello everyone.
In my last carbs cleaning I had exactly the same problem referred to at the beginning by racerboy. It was impossible to synchronize, I only got it by adding a small thickness of coca-cola can at the end of the synchronization screw.
In the last vehicle control they told me that the motorcycle was polluting, and in fact it smells a lot of gasoline in the exhausts although it goes WONDRFULLY and the spark plugs are not entirely bad for me.
This happened after a disassembly of carburetors, and seeing that it is going well at the moment (and for 6 months) I was thinking of buying a new kit for the next review.
The question I want to ask is: how often do you usually require a new complete carburetor kit? The current one is a Keyster that is already two years old and about 15,000 miles.
Greetings to everyone.

Latest posts

Back