I'm baaaaaack

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kozy

Reaction score
I've been without internet for a while because my wife and I have FINALLY moved to Arizona. Got the internet hooked up yesterday. I feel like a newbie here now. How long has it been since I posted anything????

I've gone out riding quite a bit since we've been here. It's been a week already! And I've come to the determination that solid motor mounts were a BAD idea. I've rattled off....while riding, might I add......an Oberon bar end mirror, speedometer cable, and 2 bolts that I thought were on tight. Honestly, it scares me to ride this thing. I'm afraid that something BIG is going to rattle loose and I'll crash.

On that note, does anyone know of decent bar ends that I can put on so the bars aren't exposed? I'm going to go with normal mirrors that mount on the brake and clutch reservoirs.

i'd try COO or i can send ya some stock ones that u may have to use some tape on to get a tight fit again

oh and welcome back bud!

Oh wow, I didn't realize that COO had so many options for bar ends. That's crazy. Thanks Garrett!

I also think I'm going to have to adjust my jetting on the Max. IIRC, I'm running stock mains, stock needles, different springs, and drilled slides. It still needed fine tuning back in Indiana, at about 700' ASL. I'm just outside of Phoenix now, and the elevation is around 1300' ASL. I'm going to tinker with the a/f screws first, and then if that doesn't help, I'm going to change the jets. I have to get this damn thing tuned right.

I'm putting in delrin MM this winter and will dutifully blue loctite everything as I reassemble from this winters teardown. Thanks for the heads up Kozy!

I have the venture solid motor mounts and get very little vibration but my mirrows blur at about 85 so i do have some at higher rpm.
Rhoy

I'm putting in delrin MM this winter and will dutifully blue loctite everything as I reassemble from this winters teardown. Thanks for the heads up Kozy!

Glad to be a help! And when you say everything, truly check EVERYTHING. I have to take my pipes off and re-tighten the bolts holding the engine case halves together. I've now got an oil leak from one of them. The ones that are on the topside of the engine right where the rear exhaust pipes come out of the engine have already come loose....hopefully only once.

It sucks too....I have to change my rear brakes pads and rotor. I moved across the country and now have no way to do it. I always used my dad's motorcycle lift to do work. Damnit!!!

Latest posts

Back