I'm nearly one of you....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbeduckman

Reaction score
Last week, I posted here and told of my vmax ownership intentions. Well...by this time next week, it should be official. It happened oddly enough. I hadn't been able to find anything locally that I was really excited about, and began to branch out the search a bit. There was an ad on this forum from user blankman that sounded a lot like what I was looking for. He was located in Oklahoma (won't hold it against him); I'm in Kansas...close enough. However, I wasn't able to send him any messages through his ad (disabled or some such business). While perusing Cragslist, I came upon an ad from the Tulsa area for the same bike! I got in contact with him and drove down today to look at the bike.

For starters, it was a beautiful drive...this guy knows where to live, he's in God's country for sure. The bike was everything he said it was (8+k miles, progressive springs all around, nice UFO seat, factory flyscreen and engine guards). I wasn't able to claim the bike today due to short notice, but he was kind enough to allow me to pay a deposit and hold it for me until next Monday. Sadly, I didn't get a chance to drive it (deteriorating weather, and unfamiliar country Okie roads) but we ran it for a while, and if he says it's good...I'll take him at his word. Blankman was a pleasure to meet and we had plenty of nice conversation after the deal was struck. He's just the type of person I prefer to do business with, a real treat!

So...if you can't tell, I'm a little geeked about the whole deal. Monday is sooooo far off! I'll get pics up after I get it.

BTW: Mr. Morley....you may have a new friend!

CONGRATULATIONS !!! WoW I got my bike in Kansas City MO last Weds.....

For those who are looking, here is how I found my bike.. It was listed on Ebay and did not reach the reserve so it didn't sell. Knowing they wanted to sell their bikes I emailed 4 different people who's bike didn't met the reserve. All 4 were willing to take much less than the reserve but the one I bought was the best of the 4, although all 4 were great looking bikes. Mine was a 2007 with UFO 4into 1 exhaust and only 5000 miles, now after the drive home it's got 5600.......

Latest posts

Back