Issues with the rain?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2 weeks ago i left captainkyle's house (very cool tech day) and rode home in a typical florida t-storm. Left turn signal quit the next day - water in the switch. Years ago i laid down my first street bike in the rain by hitting the rear brake just a tad too hard. I have bad luck in the rain - i avoid it when possible, but in the summer you never know. I just ride slow & wear my gear...

"wear my gear" that is the key

it is amazing how many guys i see riding down the road in shorts, t-shirts and running shoes..... These must be guys who have never fallen off a bike because once you have you won't ride that way ever again

gear up or get off

Hey mark.

i see ur only connecting to 2 wires? i could see how that switch would either make it open or close, but how does it do both off of only 2 wires?

also would the 'off' center position, leave it stock @ 6k?

The switch actually uses four wires. Ground, positive, open, closed.

Attachments

• Vboostmanualcontrol 001_edited[1].jpg
    Vboostmanualcontrol 001_edited[1].jpg
    21.8 KB
The switch actually uses four wires. Ground, positive, open, closed.

oh oh oh oh oh. i see now. so u run it right to the battery? i'd assume u 'd want to put some sort of fuse in there, maybe 10 amps?

also does the center position retain stock 6k? i would doubt it since if u hit it open at like 4k it would just close right back up when u let off the switch.

haven't seen a DPST mini spring switch anywhere either. is that what i need? radioshack?

oh oh oh oh oh. i see now. so u run it right to the battery? i'd assume u 'd want to put some sort of fuse in there, maybe 10 amps?

also does the center position retain stock 6k? i would doubt it since if u hit it open at like 4k it would just close right back up when u let off the switch.

haven't seen a DPST mini spring switch anywhere either. is that what i need? radioshack?[/QUOTE
Hey Garret,
All you are doing with the switch is, reversing the polarity of tthe motor.
It`s just switching from + to- to - to + it just causes the motor to run in oppisite directions and the spring just allows for how much adjustment without having to turn it off and on repetitivaly it`s easy.
I could do that but if you use a standard switch, it will open all the way or close all the way unless you are a good guesser LOL.
The spring switch also cuts off the power in the off position where as a standard switch, you would need 2, one to for power on/off and the other to control open and close.
You should put a fuse in any wiring from the battery to protect the system from short or fire. I always do...
<<Dave>>:punk:

Latest posts

Back