It's here!!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

medic981

Reaction score
I just got a call from my stealership, and they have my bike! It showed up with a delivery this morning. I'm heading to Knoxville in about an hour or two, but I won't get there until after they close. So first thing tomorrow morning, I'll be grinning from ear to ear. Pics and comments to follow... sometime next week. :eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

I just got a call from my stealership, and they have my bike! It showed up with a delivery this morning. I'm heading to Knoxville in about an hour or two, but I won't get there until after they close. So first thing tomorrow morning, I'll be grinning from ear to ear. Pics and comments to follow... sometime next week. :eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

congrads man!

Grats! I'm glad you received it before you shipped out! Have fun! :punk:
My thoughts exactly! And yesterday I put in my leave to go home for about five days, so it worked out great. My dad and I will get to go riding this weekend. It's perfect. :clapping:

My thoughts exactly! And yesterday I put in my leave to go home for about five days, so it worked out great. My dad and I will get to go riding this weekend. It's perfect. :clapping:

Ya must have been doing somthing good, Karma or dare I say Bikema is smiling on you.

Great to hear medic!! Mine is supposed to be here this month, just don't have an exact date yet.

That's great but I thought you made some deal with them that it would sit on the floor for a while. Either way, keep the shiny side up and get it all out of yer system before you leave. later. :thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:

medic, Congrats bro that is great news. Be carfull dude. Keep the rubber side down.:punk::clapping:

I am jelous, but I know you must feel like a kid on his Birthday!
Post some pics. Also previous advice of Shiney Side up,, dont get confused with a new bike everything is shiney just keep the rear wheel on the ground leaving a trail of white smoke!:eusa_dance:

Congrats on the new max! Should be a good five days of bonding with your Dad before you ship out - have fun!

Mike

The deal with the stealership was only if I was unable to pick up the bike due to being out of the country, they could display it until I returned, or my father could pick it up.

I'm in Knoxville, and I stopped by the shop after hours. I saw my bike. Stared at it, rather, for about half an hour. I was sitting right up front, with plenty of keep off and don't touch signs. No visible front fender damage. It was the first time I've seen the new Max in person, and I was grinning from ear to ear. I doubt I'll get much sleep tonight, but I'm gonna try anyway. Thanks for all the well wishes, gents!

Congrats! Enjoy the time with your dad and VMAX. Watch that first slow corner you take, you'll be suprised if you goose it a little too much.

This is cool, he got his new '09, gets to spend time riding with his dad! :punk:
Good on ya Medic! Be careful on your deployment!
Thank You for your service to our country, it's very much appreciated!

Attachments

• thank you.jpg
    thank you.jpg
    7.4 KB
Re: It's here!!!! Now with pictures!!!

WOW! The only reason I'm on here now, and not on my bike is that it's just about 20 degrees out. We're suppose to get up near 50 today, so I may get one more ride in before I have to go back to Ft. Bragg, and leave Mr. Max behind.

I picked it up on Friday afternoon, and only got a thirteen mile test ride in before we put it on the trailer and towed it over to my dad's house in middle Tennessee. But what an awesome 13 miles. Great handling (for a 700lb bike), insane acceleration, and looks to kill. The stealership even hooked me up with 48 months of extended warranty for $469, in addition to the 24 months already provided.

On Saturday, my dad and I went on our first ride together. My mom told me it was the first time he'd ridden with anyone else since his brother (and also a fellow Harley rider) past away a few years ago. We put about 150 miles of twisty, country back roads behind us by the end of the day.

On Sunday, it was a good deal cooler outside. I think it made it up to about 46 degrees here, but that didn't stop me from riding. Even my dad got out for about an hour. My brother was kind enough to get out with us and take a few pictures. Enjoy the pics in the link at the bottom of the page (mom's compy is slow, and not letting me share them on here), and I'm gonna go spend some time with the family. And thanks to you all!!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jpphotog/

photostream

Great pictures! Looked like a blast that day :punk:

It was a blast, but kinda chilly. It will be what I remember the most about this weekend.

And here are a few pics, finally. :eusa_dance:

Attachments

• 3282864503_998b150268.jpg
    3282864503_998b150268.jpg
    112.8 KB
  • 3283684850_f50ae5e7db.jpg
    3283684850_f50ae5e7db.jpg
    92.3 KB
  • 3283685064_f798632050.jpg
    3283685064_f798632050.jpg
    49.3 KB
Back