Just my 2 cents

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EAGLEPI

Reaction score
Let me be very clear, this is my opinion and my opinion only.

I think some people really need to get a hobby and stop playing around on Ebay. It seems that there is a group of people who get a kick out of bidding on a item on Ebay that has a reserve knowing full well that their bid means "NOTHING" because they do not plan on bidding past the reserve.

Not everyone does this but trust me there are many who do. When I have a reserve I like to let the bidders know what I reserve is, this way they know what it is and they don't have to waste their time bidding on something that they know is out of their price range.

This is one of the reasons I chose to list what my reserve is, the down side of helping some buy doing this is it gives those who are "JERKS" the advantage of knowing how much they can play with. To put it plainly, there are some people who take advantage of me telling what my reserve is, so they can bid very close to that reserve and have no worries about ever being held responsible for buying the item as long as they stay under the reserve. It's a game with some of them and they have fun doing it and some don't take into consideration what their game playing can cause, even worse some do realize what it can cause and do it for that reason alone.

I know I could not tell people what my reserve is and stop quit a bit of this crap but I'd rather not make it tough on a serious buyer just to also make it tough on these assholes who abuse the system and love to screw with peoples heads.

I would give anything to know who some of these people are and have the chance to meet them in person some day, I would let it be known what I think about their silly games.
Anyway thanks for letting me vent and PLEASE don't tell me that if I didn't list my reserve it wouldn't happen, I know this already. If by chance one of you read this post I hope Karma gets you good......

Looks like even going as low as $7000 on my bike it isn't going to sell so these games they play have me a bit down even more because of the whole situation. Some may ask how do I know this is happening, I'm a former PI and I know how to investigate things and at one time Internet Investigations was my specialty.

Oh well I will list it again if it doesn't sell as I feel it won't and this time I may not list my reserve.

Thanks for listening......lol :confused2:

Ron

i hear ya ron!! if it was me i would list it with buy it now and then yu could avoid all that crap. any time i have listed stuff on ebay in an auction format i allways ended up with deadbeat bidders n such...

i have my bike 4 sale also and im here ta tell ya ....its not a sellers market right now. i paid 9500 for my max brand spankin new last april and now i cant sell it for 6500?? wtf!!:ummm: its crazy.

I hear ya, I saw when yours didn't sell and I knew right them mine wouldn't either. Yours is in great shape, mine is in great shape also but being one handed from my surgery I couldn't take the time to wax it nice like yours is.

You are right it isn't a sellers market now, I can't believe some people are buying bikes in the 90's when they can get a 06 or 07 for about $1000 more right now......lol

Oh well I don't have to sell it so I'll just keep trying and if it doesn't sell it doesn't sell. Just to play their game I almost set my reserve lower than what the last person bid and see what they did them.............lol of course I wouldn't sell it for that price but I would love to give them a bit of there own medicine.

who in their right mind who can clearly see the reserve is $7500 would bid and then not bid enough to buy it???????

Ron

Ebay's got a lot of Dick Heads for sure. I'd love to buy a super clean 07, but after being Obamaized it's just not in the cards for me to put together $7000.00 right now. I tried with Brett's bike. Sold as much stuff off as I could and still didn't have enough to get in on the bidding. Luckilly I have a super clean 94. I'm gonna do some extra clean up-n-soup up on it for now. Maybe I can find a reasonably clean parts bike to keep it running.:bang head:

who in their right mind who can clearly see the reserve is $7500 would bid and then not bid enough to buy it???????

Its not always the bidder. it sometimes is eBay or the way the item was listed.

There has been a few times when I was the only bidder on an item and I bid the reserve, but eBay only showed half of it. It took my max bid and made it just that, the max. other people bid as well in similar situations and that only bumped it up in increments. Needless the say the items never sold. I've complained to eBay and just got the run-a-round.

I don't even bother with reserve bids anymore, if there is a reserve on the item, I move on. I have never sold with a reserve, I've just made the minimum bid the lowest price I would take for it.

Stock pipes, TCI, Trapps, paintball shit... Only thing that didn't sell was my '55 Tbird. I ended up pulling it cause I sold it locally.

Had the same problems when I listed a reserve price.
Now I never advertise a reserve Price...instead..I say, " I have the right to end this auction early as the bike is also listed localy and could sell at any time"
That kinda keeps the buyers on their towes, and gives you alot of leeway.

Could you maybe do this? Say you set the reserve at 7,500. The snipers could bid it 7,499. At the latest moment allowable, you could drop the reserve and capture the snips. They pay up or get a slap on the wrist by eBay. At least that would stop the bullshit for them at least.

Its not always the bidder. it sometimes is eBay or the way the item was listed.

There has been a few times when I was the only bidder on an item and I bid the reserve, but eBay only showed half of it. It took my max bid and made it just that, the max. other people bid as well in similar situations and that only bumped it up in increments. Needless the say the items never sold. I've complained to eBay and just got the run-a-round.

I don't even bother with reserve bids anymore, if there is a reserve on the item, I move on. I have never sold with a reserve, I've just made the minimum bid the lowest price I would take for it.

Stock pipes, TCI, Trapps, paintball shit... Only thing that didn't sell was my '55 Tbird. I ended up pulling it cause I sold it locally.

I was on the sweet end of one of these deals a few months ago.....had an oem header for sale BIN of $89 (or something like that) and it went for $150!! I have no idea how that happened....but, of course, didn't question it! :confused2:

I was on the sweet end of one of these deals a few months ago.....had an oem header for sale BIN of $89 (or something like that) and it went for $150!! I have no idea how that happened....but, of course, didn't question it! :confused2:

If an item has a Buy it now price of say $10 and you bid $1, then place another bid of $11, the buy it now price will go away when someone bids that amount, since there is a higher bid in place.

This might be done if you really want an item, but are willing to wait out the auction in the hopes of getting it at less than the buy it now price. It keeps someone from ending the auction early by bidding the buy it now price.

I had one of my steering head wrenches go for $40 when the buy it now was at $30.

Gary

Back