looking for a H.I.D Headlight guru

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KJ amazon xentec is alot cheeper than xtreme-hids do you know if xtreme-hid are better? or can you tell if its the same light kit. I know i want digital but thats abou all i know. LOL. Thanks for the help...........Mike

The amazon does have a better price, But it also had 8-1 star ratings and 15-5 star ratings. Some of the one star ratings makes me wonder if the broken bulbs weren't caused by the install or the installer touching the bulb and getting oils on them. However, It seems the seller is real good about sending out replacement parts.

The extreme HID has great feedback and nice and small ballasts (about 1/2" thick and the footprint of a credit card). On the Vmax space is a premium. I have two small ballasts under my left scoop, but I have wider scoops so I can afford some space.

I would go with the amazon seller, for the simple reason is it's a high/lo setup with slim ballasts for a car. This tells me there is basically going to be 2 kits, so you can either do two motorcycles, or sell the other kit and recoup a good portion of your money. If you sell the other kit for half, your talking $21 for the kit (Shipping Included). I would gamble the $21. Vs. the $86 from the other company.

Kj do you know for sure that i can just plug and play if i go with a set up for a car. I talked with a sale's guy and asked him the same thing and he said something about i have a hi-lo bulb and the two bulb system for a car would not work as a plug and play. I dident beleave him. If i can take one of the two balast and one harness and one bulb and plug and play two time for sure than thats the way to go. what do you think would it be plug and play.

Kj do you know for sure that i can just plug and play if i go with a set up for a car. I talked with a sale's guy and asked him the same thing and he said something about i have a hi-lo bulb and the two bulb system for a car would not work as a plug and play. I dident beleave him. If i can take one of the two balast and one harness and one bulb and plug and play two time for sure than thats the way to go. what do you think would it be plug and play.

I put a car HID hi/lo setup on the hawkmobile, looking at it, it wasn't different than the HID on my bike (except I don't use hi/lo on my bike).

Two bulbs
Two ballasts

Its not going to be true plug and play, but you can wire it in easily enough.
It will just be a matter of wiring the hi, the low and the ground.

I rewired the harness for my headlights in only a few minutes.

Here is an H4 harness for $5, it will simple the install. Just cut off the end you don't need and wire it up.
http://compare.ebay.com/like/160653684490?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&_lwgsi=y&cbt=y

Here is the diagram.

socketwiringdiagram.jpg

I went with hid country slim digital ballast and a true green bulb. $77 shipped.

Back