Lowering the Max

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteelerBike

Reaction score
I have the Corbin which is wide So I can't flat foot. I want to lower the bike 1 to 1 1/2 inches.

Can I do this with shocks alone? Which is the shortest progressive I can get?

My fronts are new progressives. Can I lower them?

What do you all think about a lower bike as far as handling/any other problems.

I am not a knee scrapper so I'm not too worried about that issue.

Thanks Much,
Steeler

Send a PM to one2dmax (Sean) as he modifies and lowers Corbin seats. He's on his honeymoon right now but he will return your PM. Or click on his Morley's Muscle banner at the bottom of the forum and you can send him an email.

Yes, you can lower as much as 1.5" in the back just by using shocks. 11.5" shocks will drop you 1.5". Stock is 13". Most people agree that 1.5" in the back is the most you want to drop it back there.

Your front end can be lowered two different ways. You can either loosen the clamps in the triple trees and slide the fork up or you can internally lower the forks. I would not lower the forks any more than 2". If you are going to lower the forks more than 1" then you should install a stiffer spring such as progressive or racetech to avoid bottoming out. I would go the internal lowering route if you want to lower the forks more than 1". If you go the progressive springs route you can get then kit with lowering springs to drop the forks either 1 or 2". If you go the racetech route you'll be cutting your own spacers to drop the front end and you can make the drop whatever you want. Either way works.

I would lower the front the same amount or even MORE than the back end. 0.5 to 1" lower in the front than it is in back is a nice combo IMO. Definitely not less than the back. Most people, me included, feel that the max handles better when the front end is dropped a bit more than the rear. In your case I would do 1.5" in the back and 2" in the front (lowered internally)

It doesn't drop the way you think it does. You don't just slip out the springs with shorter ones and you're good to go. You have to disassemble the forks completely to do it.

I'd go 12" in back with a 2" front drop and YES remember the side stand needs shortened which Morley can also do for you.

Chris

I just recently lowered the front end 2" with race tech springs and ricor intiminators, you do have to disassemble the front forks to lower them internally but it is really straight forward, I also got some progressive 430's and a shorter side stand from Sean, I love it, bike handles a ton better

Richard

I have a pair of 11.5" Progressive shocks which just needs a bit of elbow grease with Mother's polish to look good again. I'll sell'em cheap too. Just in case you wanted to try 'em on for size..

Attachments

• P1040863.jpg
    P1040863.jpg
    72.4 KB
I have a pair of 11.5" Progressive shocks which just needs a bit of elbow grease with Mother's polish to look good again. I'll sell'em cheap too. Just in case you wanted to try 'em on for size..

How many miles are on these naughty?

Guys, how do I lower the front progressives internally? Is it easy? Who am I kidding, I'm not messing with something that could kill me later.

to lower it internally all you need is a spacer, equal to the amount you want to lower, between the rebound spring and dampner rod, then just adjust your preload spacer to compensate for any difference and you are ready to go. it sounds intimidating but once you get the parts in your hand and take the forks apart they are very simple.

Hey Naughty - did you sell these progressives yet? If not, I'm interested.

Heya,

yes I still have them for sale. Never got round to clean them up yet, so they still need some Mothers and elbow grease..

Make me an offer I can't refuse - I'll let them go cheap now. Remember they are 11.5" so will lower your bike 1.5" from stock.

Also I'm leaving the country for a few months on the 21st, so PM me soon if you want them!

50.00? is that too cheap? If that is ridiculous, counter me...what can I say, I am a cheap bastard.

I am interested in your shocks , if you still have them...

Last edited:
Yes, I would sell a complete progressive kit with the lower parts OR you can simply go to your hardware store and get some PVC and make your own lowering blocks.

Sean

Latest posts

Back