Maybe gearbox breakdown

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johni

Reaction score
Hi I got a problem, when i am riding normaly there is nothing wrong, but when i dragrace the vmax it is like the transmission is jumping one time at about 6k-8k, it happens in all gears, i have changet the final drive but it is stil the same, is the gearbox broken?

Hi I got a problem, when i am riding normaly there is nothing wrong, but when i dragrace the vmax it is like the transmission is jumping one time at about 6k-8k, it happens in all gears, i have changet the final drive but it is stil the same, is the gearbox broken?

what do you mean it jumps? what yr max?

It is a 1986
I meen like if you have an chaindriven bike and the chain jumps the sproket one time under hard acceleration

I would check both ends of the drive shaft. Perhaps it's slipping there.

sounds sort of like the 2nd gear issue but all over?

The driveshaft looks like new and i have put on another differential on

If it's jumping out on all gears either the tranny is really trashed or it's the clutch. I'd start with the clutch since that's easy to inspect/replace.

Ok here is the hole story 30 days ago my max was a 1992 big cc 151 rearwheel hp, then the dam thing blewup (crankshaft exploded) then i foundt an 1986 vmax and took the engine from that one and put my dragracing clutch on it so i dont think it is the clutch

Latest posts

Back