Michigan meet up

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KennyR

Reaction score
Very tentative plans are in the works for a Vmax gathering on the afternoon of September 7 at the Gilmore car museum in Hickory Corners, MI. Please let me know if you are interested in joining us.

Thanks,Kenny

Very tentative plans are in the works for a Vmax gathering on the afternoon of September 7 at the Gilmore car museum in Hickory Corners, MI. Please let me know if you are interested in joining us.

Thanks,Kenny

My place is 20 minutes from the museum so if anyone needs anything like tools, a meal, or a place to crash please let me know

My place is 20 minutes from the museum so if anyone needs anything like tools, a meal, or a place to crash please let me know
Thanks for the offer! Looks like 3pm at the motorcycle exhibit so anyone who wants to can tour the rest of the museum on their own.

I hope the weather cooperates.

My brother-in-law will join on his XS850.

It's temping to crash at Rainman's place so we can see more of the museum on Sunday, but it would be too wierd to be MIA from the family reunion.

The museum is definitely a destination where you can spend a whole day going through all the different buildings. The variety of things you can see is simply amazing. You can see the engine GM put into a WW II tank. You can see an airplane powered by a Ford Model A engine, the Pietenpol. You could make it from a kit.

1724845087380.png

Need a compressor for the shop, or for sandblasting a car frame? See the kit you could buy to make one from a Model A engine. Two cylinders work as normal, gasoline-powered, while two cylinders are the compression system to turn-out prodigious CFM. And since you use roughly the front-half of a Model A, it already is made with two wheels for mobility. Actually, it isn't the steering front axle which is used.

1724846898316.png

https://www.hagerty.com/media/automotive-history/when-america-reinvented-a-ford-to-get-stuff-done/

1724846148274.png

There are entire buildings devoted to various manufacturers. See the Lincoln V-12. Like something in the GM area? An Eldorado with a 500 cu. in engine, 1970 (I had one, I sold it to a friend who worked at the GM Design and Tech Center. He flew to Ft. Lauderdale and drove it back to MI. One of his co-workers, went rummaging around in his desk, and pulled-out an emblem he had designed for it, and he had kept it in his desk, for decades.

Be sure to see the Franklin collection, air-cooled, powerful engines for the time, and one creative British fellow built an entire Franklin car using blueprints from the factory. He wanted a specific body style for a Franklin powerplant, so he built one.

There is a Pierce motorcycle, built before WW I, using the frame for storage of fluids. It began as an offshoot of Pierce-Arrow automobiles, and then separated completely. They have two of the four-cylinder models, America's first four-cylinder motorcycles.

1724847129761.png

Lots more to see in all the buildings. And outside, they have a free parking/admission weekly car meet.

Currently in Mio MI. I would like to go there some day but no Vmax at the moment and just not doable. have fun!

Currently in Mio MI. I would like to go there some day but no Vmax at the moment and just not doable. have fun!
Looks like Mio is a fair ways to ride! Please keep in touch, and who knows, a Vmax could show up anytime.

The weather forecast gets worse every time I check. Latest is 60% chance of rain and 65 degrees. Looks like rain all day Friday too.

Maybe we do this some other time?

Kenny

Well, there are (were) four of us planning to attend.

I am likely to go to the Gilmore Museum sometime that following week. I'll make a post when I know what day I am going. Maybe some other(s) will be able to join.

Frankly, Saturday was not the best day for me anyway, but I was following Kenny's lead.

-Mike

Latest posts

Back