Motorcycle jack

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I'm almost SOL.

I picked up one of the ubiquitous ATV 1500 lb lifts. I have no centerstand due to the Kerker.

Also, I have to add a couple of wooden blocks under one side of the pipes to level mine out when using the lift. It's a little dicey, but works. I just won't yank too hard on any tightly torqued bolts while it's on this rig.

I don't trust it that much.

OK for basic stuff, though.

Well, I'm almost SOL.

I picked up one of the ubiquitous ATV 1500 lb lifts. I have no centerstand due to the Kerker.

Also, I have to add a couple of wooden blocks under one side of the pipes to level mine out when using the lift. It's a little dicey, but works. I just won't yank too hard on any tightly torqued bolts while it's on this rig.

I don't trust it that much.

OK for basic stuff, though.

I don't have a centerstand full time either,, I just put it on when I am going to be working on the bike ( which in my case is more than I ride it......lol ) It's easy to do and works great for me. That was a Sean Tip way back when I first started on this forum. If you don't have your centerstand you can find one on Ebay.. here is one if you need one

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1989-Yamaha-VMX12-VMAX-V-Max-1200-Center-Stand-/350352986543

Ron

I picked one up from Sears. I love the thing. It holds the bike rock solid.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    78.4 KB
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    76.4 KB
I looked at one of them but decided to go with a 2 1/4 ton floor jack that was on sale for $39.99 and a set of floor jacks for $19.99 since I use my centerstand I like the idea of the jack stands on mu case guards. I also got a set of rubber covers for the jack stand jaws.

So for $60 I got set up for all I need and more

Hey Ron,
I have one that I bought from Harbour freight( my girlfriend got it for me for christmas(with my money LOL) and it works great for me.
I have a car port and I like being able to move the bike around on it.
My girlfriend actualy listens to me sometimes. LOL.
As a matter of fact I`m going to go out and use it right Know to install my new Marks pipes.

Going to lift it up off the blocks of wood and drop the center stand and put a jack under the oil pan. Thanx for the idea guys:eusa_dance:.
<<Dave>>:punk:

Last edited:
For $40, I got a never-used 1500 lb Harbor Freight ATV lift.

Craigslist is a wonderful thing in a metro area.

It wasn't the money that stopped me from getting a motorcycle/ ATV lift. it was all the YouTube videos about them being unstable. I'm sure many have no problems but I figured with my centerstand and 2 jackstands on my case guards is a 3 point base and I feel better knowing that it will be very stable.

I don't know what you all with Kerker headers are talking about, but I've tried using a lift before I my bike doesn't seem stable at ALL. Maybe it was the lift I was using, I don't know, but it just wasn't right.

Speaking of Kerker headers too, (hijacking the thread again) has anyone ever put a different can on Kerker headers? I've been tinkering with the idea of doing that.....

I don't know what you all with Kerker headers are talking about, but I've tried using a lift before I my bike doesn't seem stable at ALL. Maybe it was the lift I was using, I don't know, but it just wasn't right.

Speaking of Kerker headers too, (hijacking the thread again) has anyone ever put a different can on Kerker headers? I've been tinkering with the idea of doing that.....

Mine is rock solid. Picked the bike up, then strapped it down with the included straps. dosn't move a bit. plus take the brake of the thing and its a dolly. I moved it all over my garage while I was working on the bike.

I put a supertrapp can on my bike and it sounded tits, but ended up selling it along with a mess of other Yam and Kaw parts. I'm going to do it again this fall and sell my midpipe and carbon kerker can.

Here is a vid of the difference between the carbon kerker and the trapp along with open stock pipes and open kerker pipe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33-PyY9TaZ4

Love that raspy comp baffle. That's the one I'm running...

That's going to make for a loud Memorial Day ride...cause I'm running the same pipe. Except mine only has about 1/3 of the packing that SHOULD be in the comp baffle :biglaugh:

It wasn't the money that stopped me from getting a motorcycle/ ATV lift. it was all the YouTube videos about them being unstable. I'm sure many have no problems but I figured with my centerstand and 2 jackstands on my case guards is a 3 point base and I feel better knowing that it will be very stable.

I use pretty much this same setup. Center stand and two jacks. Works great for everything EXCEPT tearing into the oil pan. Its a royal PIA to get to the gasket and anything up inside from under the bike if you don't have a lift. When I did my oiling upgrades I had to put the bike on the side stand and scoot under it. My nose was literally touching the engine when I was trying to see the oil pump gear when I was replacing it with the larger one in Sean's kit.

got a question

How do you guys who dont have centerstands securely lift you bikes for repairs. The reason I ask is I am planning to install solid motor mounts but my bike does not have the center stand tabs. Any ideas would be great

Richard

Re: got a question

I just removed my centerstand and have been looking at this 1500lb capacity bike lift from Harbor Freight for $79. (item # 2792)

Yankee

Attachments

• image_104[1].jpg
    image_104[1].jpg
    21.2 KB
  • left side.jpg
    left side.jpg
    92.4 KB

I use a floor jack and then use my case savers and put jack stands under each 1. Just me i never used a centerstand and never will. JIM

:punk: I have a bike jack that works well. If you want to try it, come get it, I live in Chandler at Rural and Chandler Blvd. You can borrow it for a week if you want and give it a try. later, Spurs

you can make a wheel chock and then tie the front end like you would if it was on a trailer. Blocks or stands under the crashbars if you have them, little wobbly thou. But bike jack be the best stable item if you cant get a table lift

:punk: I have a bike jack that works well. If you want to try it, come get it, I live in Chandler at Rural and Chandler Blvd. You can borrow it for a week if you want and give it a try. later, Spurs

I just might take you up on that. Do you think using that jack would allow me the access needed to maneuver the engine around so I can install new mounts?

Richard

I use the sears version of the harbor freight. Once your up on it and the bike is strapped down, it's rock solid.

Attachments

• P1030088.jpg
    P1030088.jpg
    74.6 KB
  • P1030086.jpg
    P1030086.jpg
    77.6 KB

Latest posts

Back