Mpg

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its of interest to me! As here in Sinai (Egypt) we only have fuel stations every 100-120 kms - then there is no guarantee that they got any fuel . So you have to plan your fuel stops?

Ive been there any seen how they drive no wonder you need the gen2 as for gas the locals will have you at gunpoint ...

Nothing a wad of cash or a shot gun wont fix ......

So of all of these values confirm my original concern of Yamaha being a lil' stupid not to increase the fuel tank capacity on the '09 - I know it's a heavy bike already, but after 23 years of people fitting auxiliary tanks to their Max's you'd have thought they would've listened or at least taken notice and given the bike a better range...

I "USUALLY" don't credit HD for great thinking, but the VROD had the same problem with a 3.x gal fuel tank, in 05 the standard went up to 5 gallons.

Nice to see that cries of frustration are heard by SOMEONE!! :)

Gary

Just calculated my first tankful, got just a hair over 30mpg! About 50/50 city and slow speed highway(45-50mph).
A few spirited runs through the gears, and a few runs showing my buddies on their Gold Wing and HD Ultra what Mr. Max is capable of doing!
A 5 gallon tank would have been nicer.However; the fun per miles can't be beat.
Bill

My mileage started going up. Using 89-91 octane, got 35 mpg my last fill driving local, driving as stated previously. Took a 350 mile trip yesterday. Got 33 mpg. Speed was between 72-88 mph, 80's mostly. Had to keep my eyes peeled. The lawmen were out. MD weekend. Just turned 2k miles on the trip. Still have vg rubber on the rear tire. This is with spinning it quite a few times.

I used 87 octane for a 3 day trip down to the Demo ride. Close to 700 miles total, 7 fill ups, and all but one tank I was over 34 mpg with the highest being 38 mpg I drove 600 of those miles at speeds 80 - 85 mph, some places I hit 125 just to break up the monotony. The one bad tank I got 28 mpg and Redbone ran rough off idle. Next tank of Sonoco 87 and the problem went away so it just must have been bad gas.

Back