MY COP's! part:2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GREEN light BLITZ

Reaction score
:angry flame devil:<insert evil laughter HERE>ITS ALIVE!
I found a set of R1 C.O.P.'s on Ebay with the harness still on them and I SWOOOPED on them!

$20 later they were delivered and today Dave helped me get em set up,super easy install(was expecting a mess)

They look clean and do the job,my RPM's feel like they roll on faster and it feels just SMOOTH,more responsive and...well...SMOOTH!

Ill check tonight when its dark to triple check that they are not leaking any spark but after a little testing I found that the diamond plate wrap I put on them actually insulated them like electrical tape rather than make them arc to the heads.

Cheap and quick mod you can tell the difference from.

Heres some pics!

Attachments

• IMGA0338.JPG
    IMGA0338.JPG
    123.1 KB
  • IMGA0339.JPG
    IMGA0339.JPG
    126.3 KB
  • IMGA0340.JPG
    IMGA0340.JPG
    126.1 KB
  • HPIM1441.JPG
    HPIM1441.JPG
    190.1 KB
  • HPIM1442.JPG
    HPIM1442.JPG
    154.3 KB
  • HPIM1443.JPG
    HPIM1443.JPG
    105.1 KB
  • HPIM1444.JPG
    HPIM1444.JPG
    122.6 KB
I`m glad to help you , although I did a better job on yours than I did on mine, I think that tomorrow I`m going to get rid of those connectors and solder the wires direct.
I hope that it will improve current travel and reduce the resistace so I will get a little better spark.
Ace, your bike runs alot smoother now sooooo
Give it a bath.LOL.
<<Dave>>:punk:

good work guys. hey ace, the intermittent issue seems to rear its head when the bike is colder/ its more humid out or the voltage is low or at low RPMs. so just be careful until ur sure ur not going to get any issues.

I tried lettin it cool off at night,fired it up and let it idle then hit the COP's/heads with a light mist from a squirt bottle...
NO arcing revealed itself.
But thank you,Ill definately keep both eyes on them if it starts acting a bit foul.

Latest posts

Back