My First Ride

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CS, you have had some great bikes through the years. My brother is into Cushmans, he has a step through style one (I will find out what it is). We have a local club here that rides them all around...you can hear them coming down the street, they sound like a swarm of bees as they go by.

I once wnet to a Salvation Army Thrift Store auction where they get rid of donated vehicles. They had a scooter similar to a Cushman or a Harley-Davidson "Topper," it was a "Rabbit" brand, you used to see them advertised in the 1" ads in the back of magazines like Popular Science, Popular Mechanics, Mechanix Illustrated (one of my favorites to read because of the "pull no punches road tests by 'Uncle' Tom MaCahill), and Playboy but I didn't stay around long-enough to bid on it. If it had been complete, I might have, but it was partially disassembled, and I assumed that finding parts for it would be a nightmare. It was badged insode the engine compartment as having a "FHI" powerplant, anyone want to hazard a guess as to the engine manufacturer? (I know the answer). It was pretty-cool looking, totally-enclosed drivetrain & all sheetmetal, no plastic bodywork. Spoiler alert! Answer below.

If you want to know:http://microcarmuseum.com/tour/fujirabbit.html

Back