Mystery...hole

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmaxcruzer

Reaction score
Anyone know what the small hole in the head just below the first fin is for?

Edit, suppose its to let water to run out of the spark plug hole. BUT, I can't figure out why mine had plugs in the drain holes beneath the factory paint.

It's a drain hole so water drains from plug hole cavity. I use it to blow compressed air in there before removing plugs.

That's what I thought. Damn good thing I don't use water to wash my bike or It would be a rust bucket in there. On the occasion that I do, I run it to burn it off.

I use water to wash and blow all excess beadage off with a leaf blower...including in those little holes. Like Maleko said, always blow compressed air in there before removing plugs, all kinds of dust and other abrasive crap may be lurking in the plug well.

Kenny, that's odd yours would have plugs in them. :ummm:

Do they typically plug them for painting as Brian mentioned? :confused2:

Do they typically plug them for painting as Brian mentioned? :confused2:[/QUOTE]

Don't know, but it had one in each hole. Black foam rubber. Must a been painted on a friday. :rofl_200:

Do they typically plug them for painting as Brian mentioned? :confused2:

Don't know, but it had one in each hole. Black foam rubber. Must a been painted on a friday. :rofl_200:[/QUOTE]
My powder coating had hard rubber inserts.
Yeah, a Friday paint job in Japan, thinking about the song he was gonna sing in the karaoke bar that night! :rofl_200:

Latest posts

Back