Need some advice !!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim, I think your wife has more then 50lbs of boobs and definitely not short. The gen 2 fits her well actually!

The fazers are great bikes if you like the mini vmax look. Even stock it will have NO PROBLEM keeping up with the vmax with her on it. We've got a super clean one we are considering selling and I also have my 1029cc version up for sale (which is way faster then the vmax).

Other then that the small viragos' and star's are good bikes as are the vulcans and other bikes like magna's ect...

Don't get sucked into the 250's since they have a lot of trouble doing even 80mph wide open.

Sean

Some of the old classics come to mind , and when she learns enough to move up or on , they retain their value . Yamaha XS-650 , Honda 450 & 750 , BSA & Triumph Bonnevilles .

I just showed my wife this one she loves it color and all lol. I'm searching them all up here in Massachusetts or even anywhere in new England . Not having to much luck yet lol.

There is one on eBay, in New York. The guy wants $800 for it. It looks like it can benefit from a good clean up and paint. I think $400-$500 cash should walk with
it.

Mark,

MOMs would be a good place to start especially with their new place to just check out seating positions. once u get that figured out then narrow it down i'd say.

i agree with KJ tho with her size a rebel might be perfect. i taught my wife (same size as yours, 5' nuttin 110 lbs) to ride a street bike once, and it was a rebel 250 and she pretty much fit her. altho she was a perfect fit for the xr100 she finally learned on, heh.

how compitent is she on a bike right now?

Suzuki also used to market that same model under the name 650 Savage. They are good little bikes and if she ever decides she wants something bigger you can keep it and get one of the sweet aftermarket cafe kits they make for them.

funny man, this was my first bike. i was gonna recommend this one. its low, light, and has a top speed of 95 mph.

look at the boulavard m50 as well. a little more power, but still small enough.

peace,
evan...

OK, eyes open for a light cruiser in this area. If you need to trailer it home for any reason let me know Buddy, or just to check it out. +1 to Mom's.
Steve-o

Last edited:
a kawi 500 vulcan is a good lil learner bike. light n easy to handle. prolly find one pretty cheap too. a honda 500 shadow would be a nice one too.

I believe this to be just like the first bike my wife started out on after completing her riders' course. Less than 6 months in (not that that's a bad thing, mind you) she tired of it, and wanted something with more hp.

Then she picked out a new Suzuki Boulevard C90T touring bike locally. That bike was all she claimed she'd ever need -------until I got my Rune, and she felt how f'ing smoooooth the Honda 6 cyl runs. From there on, it was a daily struggle to keep her off my Rune, and so, we went out and found her one of her own. She's since sold her Boulevard, to help pay for the Gen II that she wanted so bad after merely sitting on one that had been lowered at the 2011 Eureka Springs VMOA rally.

She's been riding for about 6 yrs now, and it seems like only last month when she got her license. "Time flies when you're having fun."

:clapping:

jim, i think your wife has more then 50lbs of boobs and definitely not short. The gen 2 fits her well actually!sean
22yikes[1].gif

Sean, some say "more than a mouthful, is wasted". I don't happen agree with that. :biglaugh:

kawi had a 454 ltd in the eighties. similar to the 500 vulcan. bulletproof engine. a 700 or 750 virago..is a great bike also...just beware they have cdi box issues....and the early 82-85 had weak starters.

Here's a small 'mini Max' Cagiva that the fella's on the Gen II board were discussing just yesterday. I think it's really sharp looking, and has similar lines as the Fazer & Vmax. Too bad it's only 125cc's and a two stroke.

img0217ob.jpg

img0218rl.jpg

I went through the same thing a couple years ago, that you are going through right now.

My wife is 5 foot even, 110-120lbs - she wanted something unique, that you won't see often) and custom, with an auto clutch.

I ended up getting her a 1986 Radian 600 - lowered it, put an auto clutch and a whole lot of other mods/upgrades.

She loves her bike and won't give it up, even after the engine troubles we had this year.

Not sure if you are considering an older bike or not, but the Radian is very light and nimble with enough power to keep up.

Mike

Attachments

• user978_pic4894_1307328075.jpg
    user978_pic4894_1307328075.jpg
    59.7 KB
The radians are also great bikes and virtually bullet proof too.

Another good choice is a Honda Magna 750 - I prefer the last generation of them - smal framed bike with a very nice V4 engine - I believe the last year they made them was 2003.

Attachments

• $(KGrHqZHJBgE+FDKRB08BP81NJI1)g~~48_20.jpg
    $(KGrHqZHJBgE+FDKRB08BP81NJI1)g~~48_20.jpg
    77.7 KB
Mark,

MOMs would be a good place to start especially with their new place to just check out seating positions. once u get that figured out then narrow it down i'd say.

i agree with KJ tho with her size a rebel might be perfect. i taught my wife (same size as yours, 5' nuttin 110 lbs) to ride a street bike once, and it was a rebel 250 and she pretty much fit her. altho she was a perfect fit for the xr100 she finally learned on, heh.

how compitent is she on a bike right now?

Garrett where is Mom's?
Thanks Steve for offer on trailer. I think I will just ride it home I may look stupid at 6'0 240's. But let someone say something lmao

I went through the same thing a couple years ago, that you are going through right now.

My wife is 5 foot even, 110-120lbs - she wanted something unique, that you won't see often) and custom, with an auto clutch.

I ended up getting her a 1986 Radian 600 - lowered it, put an auto clutch and a whole lot of other mods/upgrades.

She loves her bike and won't give it up, even after the engine troubles we had this year.

Not sure if you are considering an older bike or not, but the Radian is very light and nimble with enough power to keep up.

Mike

I love it!!!! How did you lower it? Are they hard to find ? Definitely has my vote just have to see what the boss says. She might just buy brand new I'm not sure yet. Trying to talk her into just getting used for now and if she loves riding like I do then she can upgrade. We will see!!!
Thanks everyone for your help!!!!!!

I love it!!!! How did you lower it? Are they hard to find ? Definitely has my vote just have to see what the boss says. She might just buy brand new I'm not sure yet. Trying to talk her into just getting used for now and if she loves riding like I do then she can upgrade. We will see!!!
Thanks everyone for your help!!!!!!

If you go into my picture albums in my profile, you will see the Radian transformation from stock to today.

Basically, seat was cut down 1.5 to 2" - suspension lowered 2" front and back - seat height is now 26.5" high and the bike weighs about 400lbs.

Mike

If you go into my picture albums in my profile, you will see the Radian transformation from stock to today.

Basically, seat was cut down 1.5 to 2" - suspension lowered 2" front and back - seat height is now 26.5" high and the bike weighs about 400lbs.

Mike

She likes it I'm gonna look in your album now. Hope I can find one around me.

Mike

Very nice. I have a question on your max I have an 06 and I'm looking for a set of saddle bags. What kind are those on your bike and how do you like them?
Looks like you bolted them on.

Very nice. I have a question on your max I have an 06 and I'm looking for a set of saddle bags. What kind are those on your bike and how do you like them?
Looks like you bolted them on.

I have two sets of saddlebags - the ones in the picture is Wllie and Max - they are small ones - my other ones come from a Vstar 1100 and they are much bigger.

Here's the small set of saddlebags that I have on - also have a larger set but no pics right now - used the signal stalks and the upper shock mounts as bolting points - riveted a piece of plexiglass on the inside back panel for strength - they don't lock in anyway, but come off in a couple of minutes (2 bolts holding each one). Been using this set up for years with good results.

Mike
Attached Thumbnails

Latest posts

Back