Need some advice !!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have two sets of saddlebags - the ones in the picture is Wllie and Max - they are small ones - my other ones come from a Vstar 1100 and they are much bigger.

Here's the small set of saddlebags that I have on - also have a larger set but no pics right now - used the signal stalks and the upper shock mounts as bolting points - riveted a piece of plexiglass on the inside back panel for strength - they don't lock in anyway, but come off in a couple of minutes (2 bolts holding each one). Been using this set up for years with good results.

Mike
Attached Thumbnails

Thanks I found a set and I'm gonna try to copy what you did. Thanks

Garrett where is Mom's?
Thanks Steve for offer on trailer. I think I will just ride it home I may look stupid at 6'0 240's. But let someone say something lmao

foxboro!

also for saddlebags did u ever see my dowco ones?

The radians are also great bikes and virtually bullet proof too.

That is true except for mine :bang head:

I had the main chain's upper tephlon guide fall to pieces resulting in a chuck of it getting caught up in the cam chain resulting in it to skip which lead to the pistons to hit the intake valves on cylinder 1 & 4 causing them to bend - what a fucking mess

Just finishing up a complete top to bottom rebuild of the engine as we speak.

Original engine had well over 70,000 kms when it finally blew up.

Mike

foxboro!

also for saddlebags did u ever see my dowco ones?

Ok I'm going to check it out either this weekend or next week my wife is on vacation.

No I never saw your saddlebags. I ordered a that set today with a sissy bar bag. Want to go to Martha's vineyard next week and I need some room lol

She likes it I'm gonna look in your album now. Hope I can find one around me.
the radian is really low in stock form. one of the smallest bikes i have ever sat on. great bike tooo .

Ok I'm going to check it out either this weekend or next week my wife is on vacation.

No I never saw your saddlebags. I ordered a that set today with a sissy bar bag. Want to go to Martha's vineyard next week and I need some room lol

sounds good. gimme a call maybe i'll meet u down there or u guys could swing up to say hi?

the soft 'sport' saddelbags look pretty good on the max IMO.

That is true except for mine :bang head:

I had the main chain's upper tephlon guide fall to pieces resulting in a chuck of it getting caught up in the cam chain resulting in it to skip which lead to the pistons to hit the intake valves on cylinder 1 & 4 causing them to bend - what a fucking mess

Just finishing up a complete top to bottom rebuild of the engine as we speak.

Original engine had well over 70,000 kms when it finally blew up.

Mike
that same scenerio hapened to my 78 yammie srx 500....ruined that engine...........i think in a lot of bike engines the timing chain is the weak link.

sounds good. gimme a call maybe i'll meet u down there or u guys could swing up to say hi?

the soft 'sport' saddelbags look pretty good on the max IMO.

I'll definitely hook up with you when we go!! Still haven't seen your daughter yet
I will let you know ehn we head up there.

Just to add...She would be happy with the Kawi Vulcan 500 LTD. It sits low, Handles well, the frame is stretched a bit and the engine is based on the Ninja. Water cooled and change/add one tooth to the front sprocket and it's a pretty good road machine. After a year or two she'll want your MAX and then you can get a GEN II!

Just to add...She would be happy with the Kawi Vulcan 500 LTD. It sits low, Handles well, the frame is stretched a bit and the engine is based on the Ninja. Water cooled and change/add one tooth to the front sprocket and it's a pretty good road machine. After a year or two she'll want your MAX and then you can get a GEN II!

Now that's what I'm talking about :punk::clapping:

she could also take a look at the hawk i'm working on. its a naked bike, not sure if thats her style.

Latest posts

Back