New luggage installed

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ripinanroarin

Reaction score
I needed something to carry my "stuff" in. Seems the older i get, the more junk I need to carry. Warm vest,sweater,munchies,botled water,gloves, flash light, ect. So I tried on some soft harley style bags.....uhhh no. It just didnt look right. My buddy said he had a tank bag he wasnt using for $30 ..ok. Looked like crap on the tank, so I made up some straps and put it on the back. The bonus is...I now have a back rest,..cool.

Attachments

• saddlebags 002.jpg
    saddlebags 002.jpg
    49.5 KB
  • saddlebags 003.jpg
    saddlebags 003.jpg
    69.2 KB
Great set up, looks a lot better than saddle bags. What size is the bag?

I like your setup..Very nice indeed..

another option for those that may need more room.
I have done the Brownie Run and Americade with this setup.....sorta Love it.....Just bulky , Gassing up is easy, 2 quick release straps, flips out of the way..
Still looking for the perfect setup..
Think you could fit 2 days worth of clothing and craps if needed?

Picture083.jpg

We are getting ready to do our first Muscle Seat with luggage option. We will be stitching in a zipper on each side along the same seam used in the normal cover area. This should be very unobtrusive when nothing is on the bike but allow you to zip your bag of choice on there. I like the tank bag idea for the initial test piece. We will sew a couple of "flaps" on there so we can attach the other half of the zipper to it.

Sean

Great set up, looks a lot better than saddle bags. What size is the bag?

sorry it took so long.....the bag is13" long 10" wide and at the tallest point 10 1/2 tall. Fits, helmet, gloves, raingear, sunglasses, towell, flash light,bandanas,and a bag of bacon flavour chips and a bottle of sparkling cold pepsi.

I like your setup..Very nice indeed..

another option for those that may need more room.
I have done the Brownie Run and Americade with this setup.....sorta Love it.....Just bulky , Gassing up is easy, 2 quick release straps, flips out of the way..
Still looking for the perfect setup..
Think you could fit 2 days worth of clothing and craps if needed?

Picture083.jpg
excellent!! lots of room, and a back rest.:biglaugh:

That's bigger than what it looks like in the picture. Where did you buy the bag? It's perfect for those short trips to the grocery or hardware store I always find myself doing.

Sean, that will be a great option, when do you think you'll have the new muscle seat?

Probably going to give him the first seat this weekend (going to try and modify one we had currently done to see if we can retro it for previous customers too). I suspect by the end of the month i'll have pics.

Sean

I have basicly the same bag(s) setup as Chris', but I seldom use the saddle bags. I just use the main bag, but turned around the other way. My Cortech has the bungies underneath that I run around the turn signal posts and clasp in the middle behind the rear grab bar. Two other bungies go straight down to the side grab area. And I can take it off in about 3 seconds.

....and of course, I can't find a picture of it when I need one...........

Hey i am interested in that set up can you give me some info on it. Where can i get one and how much does it cost. All i need is the saddle bags... Thanks

Latest posts

Back