New Owner/?'s

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As long as it's got a rebuildable title instead of a non-rebuildable one, in FL the State requires receipts for all parts replaced after the totaled insurance estimate. It then gets a thorough inspection by a professional, and is assigned a new VIN by the State of FL. I dunno how it is in other states.

Sounds like the dealership was limiting its liability by doing the switch, since they didn't reveal to the new owner that it was a totaled bike.

The dealer got ripped off. They purchased the bike as if it was clean. They only checked the VIN in California. The accident was in New York. Whoever purchased the bike for them must have got an ear full.

Wow....at this pace you'll have a 2015 before you know it! :rofl_200:

Really great that got caught, and the dealer did the right thing.

The Nebulous Purple is a great color by the way.:thumbs up:

Glad to hear that mix up was caught and taken care of so quickly! I would be pretty upset if I dropped the money on a used gen2 and found out it was previously totaled.

You need the programming key in order to program a new key to the bike... lovely! If I lose the one key I have, its 2g for a new ignition and new keys!
I don't seem to have another tool bag with a plug wrench. Not behind that side plate, anyway.

What is the programming key? I just picked up a used 2013 and it has one key. Looks like a normal key.

I want to thank you!!! Your comment about the color made a light go off in my head. I ran a nation wide VIN check and, sure enough, the bike was a total insurance write off in New York last year. The dealership only ran a California check.

They are picking it up in a few hours and dropping off a 2013 with 1200 miles on it. I don't like the color but I can always paint it.

Thank you again!!! You are a life saver!!!

Wow! That sucks they sold you a salvage bike without saying anything. Glad you got the 2013.

Back