New Wheels/Tires - Question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's one of the most popular tire setups used on these bikes. You'll not be dissapointed.

Sean

Yea you'll be fine with the Metzelers ME880 - a LOT of people here use them and love them.

One good alternative if you need cheaper is the Shinko T230 Tourmaster tire, they are way softer so are more grippy but wear faster. They are available in the same sizes you selected.

[FONT=&quot]Hey everyone, I'm new - just got a red 88.

I was looking at the Avon Venoms, and the AM42 back tire is no problem, but I was wondering about the AM41 100/90-18 front tire - it's only rated H rather than V. I'm looking through the owner?s manual, and it's pretty adamant that you should only use V tires. Is it something I can disregard, since I don't plan on spending a lot of time over 130mph?

Thanks.[/FONT]

About to order the Metzler set. Anything wrong with going for the bigger rear? Size - 170/80HB-15?

Will it affect the handling/turning of the bike?

About to order the Metzler set. Anything wrong with going for the bigger rear? Size - 170/80HB-15?

Will it affect the handling/turning of the bike?
That size works fine, many, many VMax riders use it.
But if you run Hot in the twisties it will take a little bit of time to get used to it vs the Stock size.
I personally ran a 170 once and after being used to the 150 I didn't like the feel of it when getting on it in the twisties so I went back to a 150.
Give it a try and if it suits your riding style you'll love it, if not you can always go back to a Stock Size Rear Tire when that one wears out.

I love the way my bike handles now. 110/80/18 and 180/55/17. My brother on his BMW K1200S had a VMAX shadow all the way down the mountain roads of Vermont, on the way to Americade. I couldn't pass him, but he couldn't shake me either.
Steve-o

I have some sets of the Carrozzerias remaining. One of my customers may be selling his 17" wheels (an older brand) but not sure when or how much (though it will be cheaper then the Carr's) to buy a set of mine.

Latest posts

Back