no start

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tbutera2112

Reaction score
fired the bike up earlier to let the coolant drain into the radiator since i had to change the coolant ... fired it up for a couple mins and then shut it off once the coolant cycled...never got up to temp...

so my buddy and i finished changing the brake fluid and i went to fire the bike up to roll it outside and let the coolant bake off of it, and it wont start...i tried full choke, no choke, half choke, etc etc... put the heater towards it to let it warm some....pulled the plugs and they were wet so i cleaned them with brake cleaner and then put them back in dry...still wont start...its trying so hard and almost seems like its going to start sometimes, but it just wont...kept trying to the point where the starter wouldnt even turn the motor, battery was too dead...

ideas?

its been on a tender, but ive been impatient and been cranking on it...its only 20 degrees out...

i have it on a real charger...hopefully it just needs more juice...any ideas?

i didnt check because i just assumed they were...since i had previously fired it like 30 mins before the no start issue occured...my buddy is coming over and bringing some plugs with him in a few, ill check for spark while were putting new plugs in it

just went out and i had it on a full size charger, and the battery tender at the same time....just got it to fire up, barely...im gonna let it sit and warm all the way up...perhaps it is almost time for a new battery?

vmax's need a LOT of battery power esp in cold weather. i've seen new batteries fix that for people quite a few times now.

Latest posts

Back