Other Bike Riders

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see a few from time to time. But that is few and far between. I have yet to see another max at a local riding event. I get a lot of comments on how nice it is and how it looks or how fast that thing, or what a fast bike you got or something that order. I know there is a few in my area and have seen them out but when you are out riding nothing but v-twins or sport bikes.
Went to a local event last summer.Of course I was the only one there with a Vmax.5 or 6 guys road in on Vrods.They all got off there bikes and walked over to my Max to check it out. I was so proud I could BUST!!!:eusa_dance:

I hate the waving. If I were driving in my car, would they wave at me?....probably not. It's not that I'm being a dick, but I like to enjoy the ride, not spend my time looking for other bikes to wave at. I do occasionally wave or nod my head, but I generally keep my hands on the bars and let my wife wave if she wants to.

I was coming in the gate to base yesterday and someone leaving gave me the high, enthusiastic "geek" wave. Then I realized It was the red and black CBR of a friend/co worker of mine, and he was actually waving AT ME, not just a "biker wave"

Give a low wave to almost all---most wave back. But I do like to wave in turns----- funny to see how some riders ( espcially the "tough guys" ) react:rofl_200: Guess some of those bikes handle so poorly that both hands must be used at all times. The Max isn't one of those.

Lew

i I ALWAYS WAVE ( LEFT POINTER FINGER POINTING AT THE GROUND ! ... I LOVE IT BECAUSE THE " HARLEY " GUY'S NEVER WAVE BACK , BUT THEIR OLD LADIES ON THE BACK ARE SURE LOOKING AND HALF THE TIME , " THEY WAVE " ! . :biglaugh: . :punk:

Attachments

• 100_1293.jpg
    100_1293.jpg
    47.9 KB
  • 100_1292.jpg
    100_1292.jpg
    62.6 KB
  • 100_1291.jpg
    100_1291.jpg
    58 KB
  • 100_1295.jpg
    100_1295.jpg
    48.6 KB
Over here we tend to nod rather than wave, apart from scotter riders, we tend to ignore them.....

Of course some biking "groups" are less likely to reciprocate. Sports bike riders in PowerRanger suits tend to ignore you. Harley Rider like to make sure it is a Harley you are on before responding and the 1% folk just look at you like you are simple.

I always wave and am usually the initiator. If I'm too busy clutching, then I make an exaggerated chin-up nod. I never tire of waving because whether or not they know it I'm playing them in a game of rock-paper-scissors. :rofl_200:
rock-paper-scissors.jpg

...Apparently it's common for Jeep (specifically Wrangler) owners to wave to one another as well when passing on the street...

Mini drivers wave to one another as well. Evertime we took my wife's mini anywhere every other mini that we passed waved so did my wife :)

I had a Daewoo Lanos a few years ago. Daewoos are rare as hens teeth, and Woo drivers usually gave a wave.

Maybe I shouldn't have admitted I drove a Daewoo?

I wave when I can and if the road permits , Believe it or not I have had idiots wave on steep curves and I'm like :th_signs60: is wrong with you in my mind. Visit u at the next hospital on my way back :rofl_200:
I generally wave with hand to the road pointer finger facing fwd. Dont wanna get over zealous and have my arm ripped off at 75mph with the wind :rofl_200:
The Harley riders almost never wave and its good cause I dont wanna wave at them either.

What do you say when a harley rider points out to your Vmax and says " Nice scooter "
You :biglaugh:and calmly point out to his bike and reply " Nice ANTIQUE " :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

What do you say when a harley rider points out to your Vmax and says " Nice scooter "

Put up or shut up.

99% of the time they choose the latter. Just like the bikes they ride they'll all bark and no bite.

Let's not forget that not ALL Harley riders are knucle draggers...a few of them just might have another bike out in the garage...:biglaugh:

Attachments

• DSCN3601.jpg
    DSCN3601.jpg
    84.4 KB
I usually get the 2 finger pointed down wave. Interpreted to mean, keep 2 wheels down today, or v twin 1%' ers started giving years ago. I give them the 4 fingers down for v-4, as was said, when it's practicle to wave back. No finger jokes now
rofl_200.gif
. I'll post a pic of my custom right glove sometime.
Steve-o

Last edited:
The "Low Five" has been around since I started riding on the street back in the 80's, or longer.
Sometimes i see the Hardley guys give the wave, and then choke in horror when they get close enough to realize they aren't waving to another Hardley.
They almost never return the wave if I am on my sport bike....

Dudes on scooters don't wave at all as a rule. If they wave at me, and then try to catch up to me I either loose 'em with some throttle, or hit them with the bear spray. Sometimes I spray 'em even if there was no waving at all, particularly if they are wearing sandals or any artical of clothing that is plaid......Its highly effective.

The "Low Five" has been around since I started riding on the street back in the 80's, or longer.
Sometimes i see the Hardley guys give the wave, and then choke in horror when they get close enough to realize they aren't waving to another Hardley.
They almost never return the wave if I am on my sport bike....

Dudes on scooters don't wave at all as a rule. If they wave at me, and then try to catch up to me I either loose 'em with some throttle, or hit them with the bear spray. Sometimes I spray 'em even if there was no waving at all, particularly if they are wearing sandals or any artical of clothing that is plaid......Its highly effective.

It pays to keep your distance from them GSM's, fortunatly here in the U.P. we do not have those types floating around polluting the gene pool! It must be the wildlife that's doing their part with population control too! That's a wise choise of a defensive tool; not too many are going to stay around long with a dose of bear spray!

i thought the downward wave was so others didnt confuse the gesture as a left turn. 30 minutes after i purchased my first bike i got 'the wave' and i will never forget how awesome it felt. i wave at other riders, i think its cool. fuck waving to scooters and trikes tho. had a can-am spyder thing wave at me. i just shook my head and went WOT away from it lol

Back