Other Bike Riders

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I'm a nice guy. I return all waves when I can and start one with anyone on the motorcycle. Yesterday a Harley rider shot back a peace sign. I may have to start doing that.

FYI, love that springer front end you have. Was always partial to those.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

i thought the downward wave was so others didnt confuse the gesture as a left turn. 30 minutes after i purchased my first bike i got 'the wave' and i will never forget how awesome it felt. i wave at other riders, i think its cool. fuck waving to scooters and trikes tho. had a can-am spyder thing wave at me. i just shook my head and went WOT away from it lol
I have a theory that a large percentage of Can-Am dudes used to own and ride scooters or mopeds when they were younger. As they got a bit older, with a bit more cash, and greater fear of two wheels they bought a Spider.
Truthfully I never noticed if they waved or not, but now that I give it some thought I probably would spray 'em down too. I definately would hit them with the spray if they were wearing plaid.

Those spyder things are kind of a neat toy, I could see the appeal for people with limited leg strength, disabled, or people that want a sportier alternative to the standard fare Harley/Goldwing trike conversion. They can be really fun to drive on a nice curvy road, if you ever get the chance take one for a demo. Would I buy one? No. Too expensive, not fast enough, and while they handle quite well, it's not as fun as leaning. Unsurprisingly when I had it out for a demo nobody returned waves.

I'll wave to scooters if there's a cute girl riding it.....:in love:

Whenever I notice I'll wave (or pull in the clutch and rev it) to kids on bicycles. I remember as a kid thinking how awesome it would be one day to have an engine so I didn't have to pedal it. Me and some friends got a sportbiker to wave at us once(when we were like 10) and we thought it was like the coolest thing ever so I try to respond when kids on the sidewalk are screaming at me to do something.

Those spyder things are kind of a neat toy, I could see the appeal for people with limited leg strength, disabled, or people that want a sportier alternative to the standard fare Harley/Goldwing trike conversion. They can be really fun to drive on a nice curvy road, if you ever get the chance take one for a demo. Would I buy one? No. Too expensive, not fast enough, and while they handle quite well, it's not as fun as leaning. Unsurprisingly when I had it out for a demo nobody returned waves.

I'll wave to scooters if there's a cute girl riding it.....:in love:

Whenever I notice I'll wave (or pull in the clutch and rev it) to kids on bicycles. I remember as a kid thinking how awesome it would be one day to have an engine so I didn't have to pedal it. Me and some friends got a sportbiker to wave at us once(when we were like 10) and we thought it was like the coolest thing ever so I try to respond when kids on the sidewalk are screaming at me to do something.
Those Spyder's are real popular here in SoCal.I see them everywhere.My lane spliting day's would be over if I got one.So fer get it.Do those things have a reverse:ummm:

Yes, both the clutch and semi-auto versions have a push button reverse. It's actually a "true" engine driven reverse. There's some fiddly procedure to engage it though...like get to netural, pull the clutch in, hold the button down, press mode, pat your head while rubbing your belly, quack like a duck, and then it backs up. Everything on a can-am is covered with electronic nanny safeguards. Every action takes at least 3 steps...can't just thumb the starter and go.

Reverse is essential on these, there is no way to actually put your feet down to waddle it backward. Plus they weigh like 700-odd pounds, dry.

Back