Part # for Doodad

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What does that doodad do? (Doesn't look that important. Like plugging a hole that is reserved for something?)

What does that doodad do? (Doesn't look that important. Like plugging a hole that is reserved for something?)
On the inside of the swingarm there is a 'peg', called the 'torque stopper' in the Yamaha parts diagrams, that the caliper mount fits over to keep it from rotating or 'torquing' during both acceleration but mostly braking I imagine. They show a 'cap' for it but I can't tell if it's there or mounts from the outside and covers the silver you see in the picture.

Thank you sir. I have a #10 en-route.
The way it's presented in the schematic you'd think it installs from the inside. I'm hoping that's a fluke. And that it's a cover/plug thingamajig I jus gotta stikinair. Stikkit reel gud.

Could that be for bike stands?
I don't think so. The spools for my Pit Bull stand screwed into the much smaller hole right beside the one that has a cap or cover, or plug, or whatever. My spools weren't yet installed when I took that pic.
It's not easy to find a good image of it because the cap blends in with the swing arm and there aren't a lot of photos of that area. I'll post a screen grab from a YouTube walkaround video and point out the cap. 20210520_091441.jpg

Latest posts

Back