Pics of my new 97 vmax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tugla

Reaction score
well here are a few pics of my new max. just got back from picking it up and going on the international pizza run so i havent even cleaned it yet or fixed the leaking oil that mysteriously appeard after i drove 90 miles from the bike shop. anyways i'll post more once its had a bath and such but in the mean time these will do. Also still trying to figure out her name, I got another 97 thats dark dark maroon almost black and on the otherside of the county, added this one cause thought it would make a good b-day present to myself and good deal over all, ok i'll admite it i really wanted to go on the pizza run and needed a bike there i said it :rofl_200:

Attachments

• IMG_0511.jpg
    IMG_0511.jpg
    76.1 KB
  • IMG_0512.jpg
    IMG_0512.jpg
    64.7 KB
  • IMG_0515.jpg
    IMG_0515.jpg
    69.1 KB
  • IMG_0514.jpg
    IMG_0514.jpg
    69 KB
Sexy!

I hear 97's were the fastest built. I think they have at least 20hp more than the other years ;)

I recognize that bike!!! :biglaugh:

It's true, the '97's are pretty quick but the '99's took the title away when they came out!! Even managed to hold it till '06 when the REAL powerhouse hit the streets!

Yamaha doesn't deny this because a year later they had to scrap the entire Gen-I program and develop the Gen-II's just to come up with something faster than those nasty '06's!! :biglaugh:

It's a Fact!! :rofl_200:

is there any difference (obviously cosmetically) between 06 and 07? anything new p/c or painted? do they both have the red flame faux tank?

Nice lookin bike, Tugla - I like the black Kerker can. Is this one up in the Yukon with you or is it in Quebec?

is there any difference (obviously cosmetically) between 06 and 07? anything new p/c or painted? do they both have the red flame faux tank?

As far as I know the 06's & 07's are identical. Mikeys is an '07, mine & Chris's are '06's and there are no noticeable differences.

Well....'cept for the carb chains, but that's another story!! :punk:

Nice lookin bike, Tugla - I like the black Kerker can. Is this one up in the Yukon with you or is it in Quebec?

thanks, i like the sound also of the kerker, real crackerly note to it at idle:punk:
this is the one in quebec, i get withdrawal issues when im away from the bike so figure i needed another one to keep the shakes away :rofl_200:

thats what makes it such a nice bike, the flux capacitor unit thanks for clearing that up, thats why i got 2 of them, sorry danny you might be right about the 99 thing but seems to be lots of 97 out there hahahahah. i'll have to take one for a ride to see for myself. :)

Not to hijack - but when I was first looking I passed up the nicest Max I've seen thus far...

If I recall correctly it was

Nice bike Tugla......That Kerker sounded good......:eusa_dance:

Like I stated before in a different thread......

The 2000 model year.....made in 1999..... are BY FAR the fastest......

The engineers at Yamaha thought the world was going to end so they pulled out all the stops.....
:rofl_200:

Nice bike Tugla......That Kerker sounded good......:eusa_dance:

Like I stated before in a different thread......

The 2000 model year.....made in 1999..... are BY FAR the fastest......

The engineers at Yamaha thought the world was going to end so they pulled out all the stops.....
:rofl_200::rofl_200: you could be totally right there but sorry think your wrong man, they just wanted to make you believe that so they could sell more bikes make money and enjoy what ever was left of life. so its all a lie man the lack of "sky hooks" that attach to the spark plugs is missing on yours and you end up loosing 15% power. better luck next time :rofl_200:

:rofl_200::rofl_200: you could be totally right there but sorry think your wrong man, they just wanted to make you believe that so they could sell more bikes make money and enjoy what ever was left of life. so its all a lie man the lack of "sky hooks" that attach to the spark plugs is missing on yours and you end up loosing 15% power. better luck next time :rofl_200:

DAMMIT!!!!!:bang head:

Screwed AGAIN!!!!!:damn angry:

I think the power output is directly controlled by the LARGE nut that connects the seat to the handlebars......looser is faster.....

Like that quote from Days of Thunder..

"Loose is fast, and on the edge of out of control"
:punk:

DAMMIT!!!!!:bang head:

Screwed AGAIN!!!!!:damn angry:

I think the power output is directly controlled by the LARGE nut that connects the seat to the handlebars......looser is faster.....

Like that quote from Days of Thunder..

"Loose is fast, and on the edge of out of control"
:punk:

and rubbin' is racing hahahaha, when it comes to the car i trust you harry!!!!

Well, there you have it....corroboration!! :eusa_dance:

Sorry Ghost....I couldn't resist!! :worthy:

HAHA

That was Vista crapping out on me.

I meant to type that it was a 98 with 14000kms on it.

But the guy sold it out from under me.

4800 bones.

The thing was pristine silver too.
Cobra slip ons (I know - poor performers).
BRAND NEW tires / brakes. Receipts. The works.

Latest posts

Back