pilot jack?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, you must be from Hawaii. Correct me if i'm wrong but I saw an ad on CL Hawaii for a 1998 vmax for sale that used the same term" pilot jack" that a mobile mechanic told him that it needed to be replaced before cleaning. Just curious how much this guy charged you. To bad your not on Kauai or I would have helped you for free. Like others have already stated, its a pilot "jet". The poor idle could be caused by numerous things.
This forumn rocks and the experience you'll find here is second to none.

I saw a pilot jack once, but I had been drinking so its all speculation...:confused2:

I saw the ad in the hawaii cragslist as well. That wasn't me; I'm on Oahu, but I'm getting a cough from the carbs when I roll from low rpm to high. I did the shotgun and Sea Foam before I did something more in depth. When I saw the ad with "pilot Jack", I hadn't heard the term before, so I inquired to people who know more (vmax forum). But I had no Idea "pilot Jack" would bring so much entertaiment to so many "vmaxers".

What year is your bike?
What type of exaust are you running?
Did you sync your carbs after the cleaning and check the diaphrams for tears?
Gotta admit i did get a chuckle from that post, "pilot jack". I only wish I knew how to change my brake "catapillars" hahaha

I have a '98. Stock exhaust. Checked diaphrams for tears and sync carbs twice using carbtune II.

Back