Pinstriping on the wheels

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2005max

Reaction score
Any ideas on how to remove the red factory pinstripes from the rims without having to repaint the wheels? I have a second set of body parts and want to paint those a different color and switch out every once in a while. The red stripes have got to go.

they sell wheel pin striping tape in black , you could put it wright over the red ! Just a thought ! I bought some from a motorcycle shop , its black reflective tape , i'm just not sure if i'm going to use it yet ! CLICK ONTO RIM STRIPES !.. http://www.tapeworks.com/

they sell wheel pin striping tape in black , you could put it wright over the red ! Just a thought ! I bought some from a motorcycle shop , its black reflective tape , i'm just not sure if i'm going to use it yet ! CLICK ONTO RIM STRIPES !.. http://www.tapeworks.com/

Thanks I may have to try that, I thought of taking my airbrush and a little gloss black paint and cover it up although I'd rather just peel them off but, it seems as if they have clear coated over the pinstrips.

yes they are clear coated if you remove the strips you will also remove the clear coating and end up with the bare paint underneath. You're better off covering them with paint or another strip.

I bet you could trade someone for those wheels and maybe make a buck or two with them.

Don't ruin them! They are quite nice!

Yea I guess I'll just go with Cop Runner's idea with applying the black pin stripes over the red, that way I can go back to the stock look later on if wanted. Thanks all.

Yeah, that's probably the best option. Like I said - they are valuable to a degree.

Ghostntheshell what color is that blue on your bike? I must say that's one fine looking max. I'm going to paint my extra set and I'm leaning towards a sunset pearl orange like on this Trans Am. You guys think that would look good or too bright?

Attachments

• 1zyo0o[1].jpg
    1zyo0o[1].jpg
    170.1 KB

Latest posts

Back