R1 front end with cycle one off tripple tree

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No link..you have to go to VMOA and search USD in the Vboosts. Essentially if you unscrew the top cap of a fork, you make a hollow extension which replicates the threads of the fork cap so it will screw back into the fork (it is also thicker than the fork tubes). Make this to desired length. The bottom end of the extension is solid but is threaded to accept a modified original fork cap. The original fork cap is reduced in diameter and threaed to fit inside the extension and is screwed back into it from underneath. The extension (with the modified cap) is then screwed to the original internals of the fork and screwed back into the fork tubes.

Never seen that before, sounds like a good idea. You would still be limited on your extension length though because if you make it too long the tapered portion where it transitions from 55mm (or 54 depending on fork type) to 50 mm will end up in the lower triple clamping area.

I'm running a triple that has an extended clamp area plus extension with busa forks and that transition are is right at the lower tree.

Never seen that before, sounds like a good idea. You would still be limited on your extension length though because if you make it too long the tapered portion where it transitions from 55mm (or 54 depending on fork type) to 50 mm will end up in the lower triple clamping area.

I'm running a triple that has an extended clamp area plus extension with busa forks and that transition are is right at the lower tree.

Yes you're right. I think the max range is dependent on what type of clamps you have.

Is that a 17"rear wheel, too?

Yes, 17" mad max from cco.

I think I'm running the 2" extensions, they are perfect, I've never had anything rub or bottom out. The only thing I'm curious about, is if I am supposed to change the springs in the forks? The ride seems a little harsh, but I have nothing to compare it to so I have no idea if this is normal.

Back