R1 Radiator to fit

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildweasel_pt

Reaction score
Hi guys.
Im in the need of some goof advice here... I have a leak on my stock radiator and im gonna get that fixed but in the process to find another one i got across with an opportunity to fit a R1 curved one... The question is... Is it possible? I like the curved ones and if the fix on my stock one doesn't hold for long im considering applying this mod. '07-'08 R1 Radiator... Any insight on that by any chance? Thanks in advance...

Points to consider:

Dimensions (this one has 43cm/17" wide by 30cm/12" tall)
Connections position
Number of connections (one extra as i see it)
Cooling capacity
Thermostat
Steering angle (due to the curvature on it vs the forks)
Others i do not remember but you gurus will surely...

r107086.jpg

Can't remember the rad we've used before but it was a sportbike curved radiator. It can be done.

Sean

Can't remember the rad we've used before but it was a sportbike curved radiator. It can be done.

Sean

Thanks for your reply Sean. Im concerned about what i pointed out on first post. Number of connections and cooling capacity mostly... Another thing that is worrying me is the fact that i'll be installing a wider set of triples to cope with a 150ish front tyre and im afraid that when yanking the steering to the limit the USD forks may hit the rad. I might need to close the steering detents further... Can you recall the info on the one you did? Or do you know someone else that did it where i can go to ask for info? This is precious information that i need in order to prevent messing that up... I'd like to try it out and i think it would work great especially because i can grab this rad really cheap... Do you have any pics of that setup by any chance? Thanks again for you help...

Front tire hitting the radiator would be my #1 concern.
The elbows shouldn't really make much of a difference. I've seen plenty of radiators with OEM elbows relocated, eliminated, or larger ones installed in their place. Takes a little tig work but seems like you have some fab skills.

Any thicker pipes will hit the stock radiator very easly, thats a problem to fight with.

Any radiator will work as long its have similar or better efficieny as stock one.

Any thicker pipes will hit the stock radiator very easly, thats a problem to fight with.

Any radiator will work as long its have similar or better efficieny as stock one.

Hey Prez
What do you mean by "thicker pipes will hit the stock radiator"? Im considering removing the stock and installing this one in its place (im kinda sceptic on the stock one repair).
The major thing is what you pointed out. I have no clue if the R1 radiator is more efficient or not... The bike has less displacement and less coolant so i assume that it might be more efficient due to have to cool quicker the lesser coolant... correct me if im wrong...

Back